• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MY PHOTOSHOP WON'T OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop will not open at all. I am "renting" the creative suite, and every sonce the second month things have not ben going properly. I need my photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Can you try using the Creative Cloud cleaner and remove PS.

Reboot the machine and try reinstalling PS.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what operating system?

do you see an error message or anything else when clicking on the desktop icon?  what about when clicking on the executable directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no error message, it simply will not open. It opened when I first downloaded but it does not anymore. I have a 64bit windows 7 computer. The rest of the programs are acting a little funny, but they are still opening, only photoshop won't. I tried opening it from the desktop, application file, and from the application manager all of which has failed:( Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click>click "run as administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always have to move items when you can't just answer the questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that, and the box popped up asking me if I wanted to do this, I clicked yes and the photoshop still did not open:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and was able to force Photoshop to open.

I don't know if you have fixed your problem or not, but atleast anyone who stumbles upon the problem and ends up on this post, they will hopefully read my comment.

Open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), click on File and click on New Task. In the textbox, type photoshop and then click ok

It should start a new process. That process is basically the Photoshop process in which innitiates the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked.  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot, this worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here WIN7 64bit and PS CC 2015 wont open, it shows in task manager as running but will not open. Has been like this since the previous major release! Each time I try to start it a new instance of photoshop.exe is generated in task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End the task of PS from task manager then run application with adminstrator privalages(Run As Adminstrator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me too! Thanks for sharing as I had alot of editing to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOUUUUUUUU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great. Thanks! I've had this happen before and you'd think I would take notes...I did notice PS was working in the background as well. Once I ended the Tasks it opened right up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting your Preferences does not help, I would investigate your video driver. If it's not the latest from the mfgr's. Web site, I would download and install the latest version.

If that does not help, I would Deactivate, then Re-Activate Ps CC. This has fixed a failure to launch in PrPro CC, though I do not recall seeing anyone need to do that with Ps CC.

Next, if necessary, I would investigate fonts, if you have added any, since Ps worked properly for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into this a _LOT_ at the moment.

Even when PS loads, it hangs terminally whenever I try to open a file using File - Open... Cannot open at all by double-clicking a file in Explorer.

FYI, I am also on Windows 7 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling... It gave me a message about video drivers (though mine are fully up to date) but opened the file after install... BUT... then reverted to previous unusable behaviour immediately after closing down once.

Effectively, the product is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPS: I have taken a dump file from the Photoshop thread after hanging if it is of any use to anyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. This is 2020. Not opening, not happening here. Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried so many other ways, and the one that finally worked was to right click and run as administrator! Thanks, what a life saver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem that don't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into this several times over the last few weeks. Using Windows 7. I tried starting it from the Start menu, from the application file in the Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit) folder, from a PSD double-click; all of these actions result in multiple "Photoshop.exe" processes appearing in Windows Task Manager, but the application does not open. I can right-click the processes and end them. I don't want to shut-down/restart my system to open Photoshop, what would be great is if Adobe could solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines