• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MY PHOTOSHOP WON'T OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop will not open at all. I am "renting" the creative suite, and every sonce the second month things have not ben going properly. I need my photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Can you try using the Creative Cloud cleaner and remove PS.

Reboot the machine and try reinstalling PS.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Also, I have photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

can you try signing out from the creative cloud , close the application down.

start the application again sign back in and try to launch the photoshop.

if that does not work , need to go go the below location

"C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Adobe\"  move the OOBE folder to the desktop

"C:\ProgramData\Adobe" move the SL store folder to the desktop

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe"    move the SLCache folder to the desktop

make sure when you doing it creative cloud application is not running.

once the folder have been moved to the desktop , restart the creative cloud application sign back in

right click on the photoshop icon and Run as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved those three folders to the desktop, but now CCloud won't launch - just get spinning circle!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my mac there is no such path to follow, I cannot find the folders mentioned in your email and there is no way to to sign out of the  creative cloud. 

I have also noticed that in order to get access to InDesign you are now charging 19.99/month on an annual basis. When I signed up for PS cc I was charged 9.99/month and now according to your website it is 19.99/month.   That is a 100% increase in the cost of using this app. There was no notice of the price change and there is NO WAY to check the status of my account to see what payment has been made or if anything is due. If the app doesn't launch there should be a message of some sort so the user knows where to go. If there is no resolution here, I will have the bank stop payments to Adobe for the rest of my period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer ( for me) was from  Dispenser_XY

go to task manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac w/ OS X and am having the same problem. I checked my Activity Monitor and PS isn't running. Anyone have some help for a Mac girl? TIA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC 2015 and am getting very frustrated.

All my adobe programs run fine but

Photoshop will not open up!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? I am having this problem now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am on Mac and Photoshop refuses to open for me as well - any help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there i was just having the same issue and I'm sure yours is fixed now but for anyone else having this problem on a mac.. i right clicked the shortcut and removed it from dock.. went to CC and clicked open there and it opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been entering on another thread details of the same problem.

see here     Photoshop will not restart

No one from Adobe appears to be interested.  I was aware of the problem probably about 2 months ago before the latest Photoshop update. Up to then the pc had been very stable and this just occurred out of the blue. Since then I have done a clean installation of windows 10 on several occasions. On some installations the first programs installed after windows was fully updated was Photoshop and still the problem occurred, so it was not caused by any other installation. My pc is open to windows updates which are installed immediately so I have a feeling that is where the problem came from initially. Unfortunately because I have been testing with clean installations of windows 10 I am not able to roll back the updates.

Regarding the updates to Microsoft Visual C++ I have got all of the latest, but it has made no difference.

To help with living with the problem, which I will have to do, I have installed a short cut on my desktop to the task manager so that if I forget and close down Photoshop I can get restarted by just deleting the Photoshop task rather than go through the problem of rebooting.

I have another pc happily accepting Windows and Photoshop updates with all of the same programs installed, and that has not presented the problem!

Life is never simple.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a new user and launching PS from the new user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but the other computer which is ok  signs in on the same account. Tomorrow I will take a screen shot of the programs installed on that one.

At the moment I am starting right at the beginning. Obviously windows 10 has done it's full update, however on a very basis installation of my programs which includes Acronis (so that I can go backwards and forwards in time) and Dropbox to take my screen graps It still happens after a few files have been openen and closed.

I will keep posted what is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has nothing to do with the same account.

I was looking to see if Windows 10 has a permissions issue with the main user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how I can do this as I pay monthly, and I would have to pay again to create another account. Been using cc since it started with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do with your account.

You would be just adding a second user log-on to your windows OS

I recommend that to people using windows because sometimes you can get a log-in failure due to a app failures that occur when you log-in.

All you do is go to control panel "User accounts" select manage another account and add a secondary log in account.

It is a great way to see if your account has permissions issues that have screwed up by windows or apps.

If you don't feel comfortable trying it; I understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , Just got up and seen your reply. No problem trying your suggestion, as I copy my drive at every stage so that I can go back if things go wrong. I will keep you informed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have just done.

Added new user account without a Microsoft account.

Signed in to my Adobe account. From the Adobe cc icon I opened up Bridge and Photoshop

Opened up 3 images via Bridge.

Closed them and Photoshop and tried to reopen photoshop... Nothing!

Opened up task manager and there were several instances of Adobe photoshop cc 2017 running.

Closed them all.

Tried to open Adobe cc again from the desktop icon and nothing.

Back into Task manager and closed Adobe cc

Now everything working.

Signed out of the new account and now back in my user account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if anyone is following this but I was having a ponder on what is different about this installation to the identical one on different pc which is working ok. All the software on both is fully up to date and the programs installed in programs and features is the same. All of the visual C++ is the same so despite what some think this is not the problem. The processor, memory and graphics card have been in the other pc at some stage so it could not be that. I was then thinking along the lines of the motherboard in the other pc is an Asus and the one in this pc is a Gigabyte one with a different chip set, and was wondering if that was the problem, then I realised that on this pc I had set my screen resolution to 3840 x 2160 because the monitors are 4k, whereas on the other pc it was 1920 x 1080.

I have just altered the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 and bingo the problem is solved. Bloody graphics card. I would never have guessed because it was an expensive one to run 2 monitors at 4k, but nevertheless pretty crap in performance at the high resolution for Photoshop. I just hope that this will help out anyone else who has a similar problem in checking out the graphics card. I have also turned it off in the preferences, just to make sure it doesn't interfere.

There are several other niggely things that are happening, so hopefully this will solve those too.

The graphics card is  an AMD Radeon R9 380 series.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found an option that worked perfectly for me.  Go to the "C:\Program Files (86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Required\Plugins"  Copy and save the ADM folder in a safe location. Delete the folder from the plugins, in the path given, and restart Photoshop.  I did this for the 64 bit version as well in the same location under C:\Program Files\........  This worked instantly for me, and have not had the problem reappear.  Try it, if something happens then you can return the saved folder back to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my Mac Tower - Photoshop CS6 - but I think I shut it down wrong because the mac was frozen and I had to reboot - now I'm stuck - any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing what I did and delete the ADM folder in the  'Required\Plug-ins folder.  In windows it's located at  C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Required\]Plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is it in MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my photoshop to photoshop cc 2015 and it fixed the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating it caused the issue in the first place for me.

Lavina

www.lavinawagnerphotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines