• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MY PHOTOSHOP WON'T OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop will not open at all. I am "renting" the creative suite, and every sonce the second month things have not ben going properly. I need my photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Can you try using the Creative Cloud cleaner and remove PS.

Reboot the machine and try reinstalling PS.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see the answer I'm about to give, so hopefully this will shed some light for Adobe on the issue. I believe this problem occurs when I change my desktop resolution settings. Today I switched my monitors in the Control Panel; making the secondary monitor my primary monitor. I believe this was the Event that made Photoshop.exe unable to open. When I restarted my system Photoshop loaded without issue by clicking the shortcut in my Start menu. I believe this is still a problem with the software. It should be able to handle a monitor change without causing it any problems, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was not opening either but right when you mentioned resolution I figured it out. Photoshop was opening on my wacom display and not on my monitor. I didn't think to look on my tablet since it was off. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10 iclick on the icon on desk top and it wont open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 wont open. has any of the above helped resolve for  you? NOTHING has worked for me yet!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imac 4GB

no message after downloaded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  get (0xc000007b)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I had to carry on working so I reinstalled an older version in my case 2015 and when I started to use it it forced the new update to work.

So any one still having problems give that one a try mine now works.

Regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see an error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it keeps telling me that the program is not able to work properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive the same error icon. Could you tell me what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this happened to me it was due to PS not shutting down properly.

Open Task Manager and click Processes tab.

Scroll down looking for Photoshop.exe.

You may find multiple entries. Select each and end process.

Close Task Manager.

Open Photoshop using your normal shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked when nothing else would. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a ton of them open, but closing them didnt fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying everything else, this worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem now.

None of the information above helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went to open my photoshop,  which I have had for 2 years now and it poped up with a message saying " could not initialize photoshop because the preferences file was invalid(it has been deleted)" I have not deleted anything. But I even uninstalled and reinstalled it on my computer and it is still giving me is message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with PS CS5 and CS6. Nothing fixed the problem, resets, restores, reinstall etc., until I discovered a problem with my USB default printer. Windows for some reason had failed to recognize it correctly, despite it having been used happily for years (an update was probably the culprit). I reinstalled the printer and bingo, Photoshop started working again.

As an aside, I had problems with Word and printers a while back - Word wouldn't start if there was a disconnected networked default printer. It looks like PS is equally as sensitive to default printers. Check out your printers before messing with PS or anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having similar problems. PS would act like it was starting up, but it would throw up and error message about not being able to initialize. I've been running Windows 8. I just updated to Windows 8.1 and reinstalled PS. One or both of them resolved this problem for me. PS opens and runs without errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reinstall photoshop? I just bought PS for my new Windows 8 PC and it worked the other day but now it says, "A program has caused PS to stop working correctly". Is this the problem you ran into? This is really frustrating and kind of dissapointing, because I really needed to use it today! Thank you in advance for your future help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue!

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lishthefish,

Can you please post the logs from event viewer.

If you are not sure how to check the logs please refer to below article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I need to do here is find the fix, and I have a lot of PS work piling up that I'm not able to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines