• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MY PHOTOSHOP WON'T OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop will not open at all. I am "renting" the creative suite, and every sonce the second month things have not ben going properly. I need my photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Can you try using the Creative Cloud cleaner and remove PS.

Reboot the machine and try reinstalling PS.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2015 will not open a single file in Windows 10. I checked for compatability and Windows told me Photoshop is not compatible. I uninstalled and it opened two files in an unstable state and then reverted to not opening at all. I opened as Admin and same problem. I need Photoshop and ALL my Adobe products to work. Please advise when it will become compatible. It is clear there is a disconnect between Adobe and Windows. I should NOT have to go into a registry and start deleting files to get this to work. I am on the Creative Cloud so that support is there for these issues. Again, please update a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, I am running Windows 10, have the latest updates and versions of Adobe CC and its apps, I have tried all of the solutions listed in the thread, and not one of them works. The apps were working up until I installed a Cintiq 13HD touch, however, even now after I uninstall the tablet, the apps do not open. There isn't even an error message. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, including my OS, and only then did my adobe programs function again. I thought I would try reinstalling the tablet and now I am back at ground zero, nothing works. My computer is extremely powerful so I know this isn't a hardware issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac and I had the same issue as well.

Turns out I need to update my Creative Cloud. Went to this website and downloaded the CC again: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

After downloading, I logged in to my Adobe account and I can access Photoshop again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having problems, i just got AE After Effects, and its still on the loading screen on my mac along with the spinning rainbow ball of death...
It says its scanning the folder "ssh" and its still stopped on that... 😕 its been doing that for a few hours and i check back and its still doing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem have installed and updated and uninstalled and reinstalled but still it wont open

the task manager doesn't seem to show the programme but the cc shows my installations and updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this problem. I have been using Photoshop CC 2015 on Windows 10 for a while. But recently it has not been opening. I am trying all of the methods I find but thought I would mention it here so more people know it is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to control panel/administrative tools/event viewer/windows logs/application and find the application error.

"copy details as text" and post them here.

Do you have any third party plugins installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

I have some plugins for Lightroom, but I don't believe I have anything for Photoshop. Since I can't open photoshop where do I look to make sure?

Here is the event log, it doesn't say much.

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.1.2.355, time stamp: 0x56961fa0

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.1.2.355, time stamp: 0x56961fa0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000005333ded

Faulting process id: 0x1bd8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1668453f648f4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: a6efcc3c-0a33-46cc-87d9-96a228926d19

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Copy Details as Text:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          2/13/2016 9:31:14 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      EvilFX

Description:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.1.2.355, time stamp: 0x56961fa0

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 16.1.2.355, time stamp: 0x56961fa0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000005333ded

Faulting process id: 0x1bd8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1668453f648f4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe

Report Id: a6efcc3c-0a33-46cc-87d9-96a228926d19

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-02-13T17:31:14.346624500Z" />

<EventRecordID>7846</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>EvilFX</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>16.1.2.355</Data>

<Data>56961fa0</Data>

<Data>Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>16.1.2.355</Data>

<Data>56961fa0</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0000000005333ded</Data>

<Data>1bd8</Data>

<Data>01d1668453f648f4</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Photoshop.exe</Data>

<Data>a6efcc3c-0a33-46cc-87d9-96a228926d19</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings and renamed the PluginCache to xPluginCache and now it seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue is a little more difficult

Corrupted file system or failing drive, and failed RAM are the 2 most likely suspects.

You can try this first:

1.     Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.

2.     Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.

3.     In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:

sfc /scannow

4.     You should see the following on-screen messages:

Beginning the system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification % complete.

5.     Once the scan has completed you will receive an onscreen message resembling one of the following:

…found no integrity violations

…found corruption but repaired it

…found corruption that it could not repair

You can also get your hands on a copy of memtest86  and check your computer's memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't open here too.. No PS, or CC panel.

Tried the task manager, and the run as admin.  This has happened a couple times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS? If windows ....... which version of PS?

Do you have the latest video drivers installed?

Do you have a ACC icon?

When you run task manager does it show Creative cloud ( 32-bit) running?  If it is there can you R-click its properties?  "Adobe desktop services" running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7

Drivers up to date

CC Just updated

PS updated through CC panel.

I see CC Desktop Services *32 running in Processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the cache got me back up and running, but I ran sfc /scannow and it found and fixed some file issues.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We encountered the same problem and this is what we found:

Photoshop 13 (PS13) failure to start / restart after recent update.

Bottom Line Up front:  this is what we had to do to make Photoshop 13 and 11 run after Adobe Application Manager Activation.

=== Test I ===

System OS: Windows 10 – 64bit

Everything was running FINE for many months until the week ending 29 Jan 2016.

PS11 is also on system and would run fine.

Initial indications of trouble:  PS13 would occasionally not restart after having been run and exited.

Other new software introduced near timeline of trouble:

.  Adobe Application Manager Activated

.  Windows OS update:  Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262)

Problem escalation:  PS13 would never restart after having been run and exited.  Only mechanism that would allow restart was to enter TASK MANAGER and KILL background PS13 Editor task.   So, 1st run was OK, all subsequent attempts to run fail due to dangling task in memory.  Must logoff as USER or use TASK MGR to kill task.

When PS13 runs it is listed in Active Application area in TASK MGR,  when PS13 is exited, it moves to BACKGROUND TASK area in Task Mgr and never releases from memory.

When trying to restart PS13, it simply does not come back to screen foreground.

Tests and modifications during troubleshooting:

.  run as ADMIN, result = PS13 would occasionally restart, but not all the time. Unreliable behavior.

.  create new USER account and test, result = no change in PS13 response

.  create new ADMIN account and test, result = no change in PS13 response

.  remove all temp folder files from user account LOCAL and ROAMING folders,  result = no change in PS13 response

.  change runtime compatibility settings from VISTA on up,  result = no change in PS13 response

.  turn off virus detection software from active mode (VIPRE 2016),  result = no change in PS13 response

.  run from SAFE MODE OS level under USER,  result = no change in PS13 response

.  run from SAFE MODE OS level under ADMIN,  result = no change in PS13 response

.  back off windows10 - 1511 security patch to former state,  result = no change in PS13 response

.  reload windows10 - 1511 security patch,  result = no change in PS13 response

.  remove and reload PS13,  result = no change in PS13 response, in-fact at this point it completely would NO longer run at ALL for USER but would run only under ADMIN account and PS11 started to respond with NO restarts.

.  run from SAFE MODE OS level under USER,  result = no change in PS13 response, will not load at all

.  run from SAFE MODE OS level under ADMIN,  result = PS13 RUNS JUST FINE 1st time and RUNS all subsequent times

question = what is different at this point?  in SAFE MODE - Network connection is OFF, no link to outside and applications detect no link, also running as ADMIN

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, result = PS13 will NOT run at all as USER, now network connection is active and firewall is passing traffic

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as ADMIN, result = PS13 will run once as ADMIN, then stay in memory as dangling process and NO restart unless task is killed, network connection is Active and Firewall is passing traffic

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as ADMIN and lock firewall so NO traffic will pass,  result = PS13 and PS11 RUN FINE 1st time and restart FINE, network connection is Active and Firewall is in BLOCK MODE and NOT passing traffic.

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as ADMIN and Disconnect network connection cable from router physical connection so application detection is forced and no traffic will pass,  result = PS13 RUNS JUST FINE and RESTARTS reliably.

question = what is different at this point that allows PS13 and now PS11 to run reliably? 

= User level = ADMIN

= Physical Network Cable Connection = Connected (TCP/IP Physical layer present)

= Firewall State = BLOCK ALL traffic (TCP/IP Internet Layer on up – blocked)

Re-verify success formula:

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, network cable = Connected, firewall = OPEN,  result = PS13 will NOT run all

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as ADMIN, network cable = Connected, firewall = OPEN,  result = PS13 will 1st time and NO restarts

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, network cable = Connected, firewall = Blocked,   result = PS13 will NOT run all

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as ADMIN, network cable = Connected, firewall = Blocked,   result = PS13 and PS11 run reliably on 1st start and all restarts.

.  change PS13 to RUN as ADMIN while under USER level.

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, network cable = Connected, firewall = OPEN,   result = PS13 will NOT run all

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, network cable = Connected, firewall = Blocked,   result = PS13 and PS11 run reliably on 1st start and all restarts.  PS13 and PS11 dangling background tasks leave memory within 3 to 10 seconds of exiting application. ((SUCCESS))

Question = what function does PS13 and also PS11 perform on START and on EXIT that requires a network connection?  Must be, talk to the Adobe mother ship?  This network access task got modified after Adobe Application Manager was activated.  Additionally, what permission level got modified that requires it to run at ADMIN level to ensure proper exit from memory.

=== Test II ===

System OS:   BRAND NEW FULL CLEAN INSTALL of  Windows 10 – 64bit OS on completely blank hardware.

Only PS13 loaded.

Network connection is on active and firewall open passing traffic.

Result:  Everything was running FINE for a couple weeks until PS13 indicated it had an update on 3/3/2016.

Update was performed on PS13.

Result:  The exact same failure to exit properly condition was induced into the machine.

Other new software introduced near timeline of trouble: 

.  Adobe Application Manager Activated which appears on user screen and was loaded by the PS13 update process.

Problem escalation:  PS13 would never restart after having been run and exited while in normal user account.   Only mechanism that would allow restart was to enter TASK MANAGER and KILL background PS13 Editor task.   So, 1st run OK, all subsequent attempts to run fail due to dangling task in memory.  Must logoff as USER – or - use TASK MGR to kill task.

When trying to restart PS13, it simply does not come back to screen foreground.

Tests and modifications during troubleshooting:

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, result = PS13 will NOT restart at all as USER, network connection is active and firewall is open passing traffic

= User level = USER

= Firewall State = OPEN for all traffic (TCP/IP Internet Layer on up – open passing traffic)

Re-verify previous success formula:

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, network cable = Connected,  firewall = OPEN,   result = PS13 will NOT run / restart correctly

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as ADMIN, network cable = Connected, firewall = Blocked,   result = PS13 runs reliably on 1st start and all restarts.

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, network cable = Connected,  firewall = Blocked,   result = PS13  DOES run and restart correctly

.  change PS13 to RUN as ADMIN while under USER.

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, network cable = Connected, firewall = OPEN,   result = PS13 will NOT run / restart correctly

.  reboot to REGULAR running mode as USER, network cable = Connected, firewall = Blocked,   result = PS13 runs reliably on 1st start and all restarts.

PS13 dangling background tasks leave memory within 3 to 10 seconds of exiting application. ((SUCCESS))

In this scenario PS13 does not need to be run as ADMIN but firewall must be blocked for PS13 to run and restart correctly.

= User level = USER

= Firewall State = BLOCK ALL traffic (TCP/IP Internet Layer on up – open passing traffic)

*** Note:  This problem was absolutely induced by the update that PS13 performed and the Adobe Application Manager activated after update performed.

Question = what function does PS13 perform on START and/or on EXIT that requires a network connection?  Must be, talk to the Adobe mother ship?  This network access task requirement got modified after Adobe Application Manager was activated.  Additionally, what permission level got modified that likes it to run at ADMIN level to ensure proper exit from memory.

Adobe needs better Release Quality Assurance.  Customers should never be forced into technician diagnostic mode due to an update where such an obscure fix allows it to work.

Please fix your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did anything fix it for anyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried creating a new user and opening PS that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click on the desktop icon>press "Properties"> click on the compatibility tab>press "Run compatibility troubleshoot">follow the steps (I used the automatic settings>after it is done, press the try to run again button to restart.

Note: Make sure that it has your OS listed when you use the troubleshooting window.
ee45d54af8cea6ac8150a4d1c116691c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues with Photoshop, Premiere and Media Encoder. I don't use other Adobe programs so I don't know if they're having issues as well.

The only thing that works for me is to end any lingering Adobe tasks in task manager.

I have Windows 10 and CC installed with all latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which issue are you having exactly?

PS will not open?

PS crashes?

If you have Task manager open does photoshop.exe service start when you click on the icon?

Can you go to the PS icon and right click it.

Select properties and see if you have full permissions to run the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC 2015.5 on a Windows 10  machine. I believe Ps stopped working after the .5 update. I get "application cannot open correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close." error message.

This needs to be fixed soon BY ADOBE!! I will be cancelling my subscription if not remedied soon. I'm sure ​'m not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1

In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework

Solution 2

Re-install the application that you are trying to run. It sounds simple but the application data files could be corrupt or missing. This could be caused by a installation that did not complete successfully.

Solution 3

Running the application as an administrator could fix this error. Right click on the program shortcut or program .exe file, then click on Properties, and on the Compatibility tab. Check the "Run this program as an administrator" box, and click on OK.

Solution 4

Re-install Microsoft Visual C++ from [x32 link] or [x64 link]

Solution 5

Run sfc/ scannow from the command prompt  opened with administrative rights

Its not an Adobe issue. Its your computer configuration.

And no[ your not the only one who develops these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this first.

Make sure your short-cuts are all updated to the new path. Adobe updates

often. Some of those updates are actually version upgrades and slip by

with out notice. I'm embarrassed to say that I went a week without many

of my Adobe apps working just because my short-cuts on my desktop and

task bar bar needed to be changed. DOH!

Hope that helps.

-Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I know if my shortcuts are up to date and how do I update them? Photoshop icon shows Photoshop 2015.5 and Bridge shows 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R click the icon and select peoperties

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines