• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MY PHOTOSHOP WON'T OPEN

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop will not open at all. I am "renting" the creative suite, and every sonce the second month things have not ben going properly. I need my photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Can you try using the Creative Cloud cleaner and remove PS.

Reboot the machine and try reinstalling PS.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 153 Replies 153
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, i ran into the same problem but FIXED IT by going to task manager, and in background processes i closed EVERYTHING that has anything to do with adobe, now it works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening it through the creative cloud suite. That worked for me.

(opening it in the creative cloud application contrary to just opening it from desktop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to Finder>Macbook>Downloads>Creative Cloud Installer

2.Run the program and enter any required passwords, etc. etc.

3. Try to run Photoshop again

Worked for me, and this was when none of my Adobe Applications would run!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have Photoshop CC and I recently updated my billing information and even though it (in my account) shows that I've paid and the program is installed I can't get Photoshop CC to open.  I have Windows 10.  Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue with a leased copy -- frustratingly I could see it open in Task Manager for a hot second and then disappear -- and my solution was to open Adobe Creative Cloud and update Photoshop. So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's just state it like it is... Adobe (bleep)'d up...and they don't care.  People will still buy it anyhow.  Much like Microsoft's garbage, they can screw up all they want.  It's the "corporate standard" so we're all forced to deal with it.  God forbid anyone at Adobe have half a brain and check their own forums.  Why care if thousands of people are pissed is millions are giving you their money?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased PS cloud, used for a week and now can't open. I tried to re-start my MAC. Uninstall (which gives me a message that there are files i have to save, but I closed all files when I last closed PS and also just now through Activity Monitor).

I tried to find how to contact they customer service, but there is only reference to Forum. I am reading Forum links and only seeing posts from people like me that can't find solution for most part.

Should I just unsubscribe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try using the Creative Cloud cleaner and remove PS.

Reboot the machine and try reinstalling PS.

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but I'm on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop error.png

Hello! I can't open Photoshop because I always get the message from the picture attached. What can I do? I tried to reinstall CC and Photoshop, removed all preferences and I still got this error. I need my Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try renaming the file extension to .tiff, or .png and see if it will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not trying to open a file, I just opened PS from CC and even from the installation folder and I keep getting this error. Tried to open a file (jpeg) and still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well

You try uninstalling PS, running the ACC cleaner tool, rebooting and then running a program called CCleaner.

Then reinstall PS.

Looks like your windows registry settings got buggered up somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work. I don't know what to do, I think I tried everything except a Windows reinstall and I don't want to do that. Anyway, thank you for the replays. Is there any way to contact Adobe via chat or email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create  new user and see if you can run it from the new user logon?

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea! I just did that because I have another Adobe account and still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

I want you to create a new user account on your windows machine.

I recommend people create it anyway in case ones user settings get

corrupted. make it a local user account with administrator user rights.

Log out of your main windows user account and into the new user account

and try to run PS from the new login

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Great! Thank you! Now how can I fix it on my main user?

LE: I copied my old files into the new user and now everything is working great and I still have my files in the same place. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BASICALLY ---> Open task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), click on File and click on New Task. In the textbox, type photoshop and then click ok --from KuroodoD's reply (it worked for me when it freezes on my windows 10 ps2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does not open. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed PS but now I cannot reinstall it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines