My Photoshops crashes after 10 seconds

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using photoshop for the last 15 years almost daily and i'm a regular user and known with the program. 

Last few days, just out of nowhere, my photoshop keeps crashes after 10 seconds. I don't need to to anything in the program. It just crashes. It's pretty frustrating not to be able to do any work for a couple of days. I've tried to uninstall the program and then install it again. But it doesn't help.

I have a newer iMac Pro, so it should not be to the hardware i guess.

Anyone know what the issue could be?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My Photoshops crashes after 10 seconds

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using photoshop for the last 15 years almost daily and i'm a regular user and known with the program. 

Last few days, just out of nowhere, my photoshop keeps crashes after 10 seconds. I don't need to to anything in the program. It just crashes. It's pretty frustrating not to be able to do any work for a couple of days. I've tried to uninstall the program and then install it again. But it doesn't help.

I have a newer iMac Pro, so it should not be to the hardware i guess.

Anyone know what the issue could be?

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to launch the program without any third-party plugins.
Problem still recurs.

I've also: Reset the photoshop preferences.
Problem still recurs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having exactly the same problems 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, on a mac or a PC? on BigSur? Which version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac -  BigSur  just downloading todays update  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started for me yesterday. I unloaded the program and reloaded it. Still crashing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yepp. Same here. Pretty frustating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't upgraded my system software so was still running Mac OSX Catalina. Photoshop suddenly started crashing. It stays open for maybe 10/15 seconds and then crashes. I upgraded my system software to Big Sur (Photoshop 22.1.0 is approved for use with Big Sur), thinking that might cure the problem. It hasn't. Photoshop is still quitting every time I open it and as it stands, I can't do any work in Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting in safe mode makes absolutely no difference.

This is a nightmare in the making.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to continue working by reverting back to PS 22.0.1. Just go to your Creative Cloud app > Photoshop > Other versions.

Working fine so far in Big Sur. There are clearly issues with the latest PS update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, constantly crashing at opening. I have deadline today and I'm F**ked. 

Stop releasing so much updates, it was all fine before the last one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it on a Mac, on Big Sur, on Ps22.1 ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 22.1 on PC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you collect the crash logs, and post them on a thread on Feedback?

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-collect-crash-logs.html

https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Stop releasing so much updates, it was all fine before the last one.«

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

If the previous versio worked have you considered rolling back? (Make sure to first back up all your custom presets, though.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1