• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My preinstalled Adobe CS6 is not suppose to work anymore?

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear ADOBE and OS developers OR to whom it may concern

Please listen.

Photoshop CS 6 does not work on my almost brand new iMac anymore.
I need it for my work as an artist.
It works for me. 
I wish for no upgrading.
Please let me focus on my work instead of having to constantly (re)learning the updated softwares and versions of this and that.

I need my preinstalled photoshop and indesign and illustrator, as it enables me to work offline.
The wifi connection here is not reliable. and my income unpredictable, I cannot have a monthly cost of a subscription. Therefore I payed for the entire adobe package, no one said it would expire within a couple of years! No one told me that I would not be able to buy any upgraded version of it either, but being forced to subscribe to an online version.

Please listen.

Please stop.
Please help me,
what can I do?

Kind regards,

Eva

ps When will someone offer a system that do not have to go upgrading and change ALL the  the time, when will someone genius and generous develop a system where we get the option to keep it as it is, yet still be online when needed. I would gladly pay more for that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so. That I get to choose. 
Do you think I will be able to make my imac up running with my good old adobe CS 6 package again? 
Thanks anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you think I will be able to make my imac up running with my good old adobe CS 6 package again? "

Please read these articles from InDesign Secrets on CS6 and Catalina:

https://indesignsecrets.com/macos-catalina-is-the-end-of-the-road-for-indesign-cs6.php

https://indesignsecrets.com/macos-catalina-is-incompatible-with-indesign-cs6-and-earlier.php

Remember that Adobe CS6 still works. It just doesn't work on your new hardware and new OS.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 😆  whish I saw that link one before I said yes to Catalina. Thank you. I am getting more skilled by the minute here, and more prepared For my appointment with the computer person on Friday:-) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Eva. InDesign Secrets is well worth following. You can also ask here before you make a purchase or do an upgrade, and we can advise on whether you will face issues. We are here to help, but we are users and don't work for Adobe or Apple. We can't make any changes to anything; we can only tell you the situation and help with solutions when you get stuck.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a pericularly unfortunate time to run up against these issues, what with the other demands and restrictions that affect many people at current. 

Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
Peculiar times indeed. In a way we are all in the same boat these days. Perhaps for the first time in history. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's excellent advice from Jane, and check out and come and see us in the InDesign forum as well – by the way, you need 16GB of RAM to run InDesign 2020 successfully (just sayin').

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/bd-p/indesign?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eva,  I remember back in 93 when I started with Photoshop and loved it.  I bought CS in 05 and loved it.  Now I pay 52.99 a month and can't even try the other app's and if I stop the others it is 29,99 and why quit the others if I need it.Right now I am ready to go and sell my product and mmy colors have changed to where I can not sell this, a firt grader could do better than this.  My password never works, my CS I can not use. (paid 650 in 05 for it, but unlike an old car can't use.)  If I have to ask for help, 5 days to get someone, and 3 to 5 hrs each day with them to fix and will work for 2 days and then same problem and now I can't even get to mine that I pay for and am lost.  I hear you  and just wanted to share mine so you can see that it is not just you.  CS I could breeze through and now I have no clue what to do, but somethings are great, but is it worth the crawling to have.   thanks for listening.  Rob           oh yeah, I am blind in one eye and losing the other and thehave two 47 inch monitors and can not read the scribbles that are in blue or grey and have to guess at most things.  well, good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too was using CS6 since it came out. I'm not a fan of monthly bills but when I got my new Mac I could no longer use CS6. I had to purchase the monthly plan in order to keep working. I'm not happy about it but have learned to live with it. CS6 is not compatible with Mac OS Big Sur. All of my old plugins and panels work fine. You may have to just buy it to keep editing. Wish I had better news for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines