• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My RAW photos are opening up in Photoshop (default). How to correct?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community.

Background: I'm quite new to Photoshop. I downloaded the application some three weeks ago with the Adobe Creative Cloud bundle.

Problem: I don't know this has happened but my RAW photos uploaded from my camera to a folder on my desktop are opening up in Photoshop (default) on my MacBook every time I double-click on them. I don't want this to happen. How do I correct this? I want them to open up as RAW photos only with no default application. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you need to change the file associations in the operating system. Change it from Photoshop to Preview or whatever you want. Double-click means "open", and it needs to be opened into something.

That cuts you off from actually processing the raw files, so it's hard to understand what you're trying to achieve. Preview will only open up the jpeg preview that the camera embedded in the file. The raw data will not be available this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you D Fosse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines