My smart object now opens in Illustrator....instead of a new window in Photoshop

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make a smart object in Photoshop want to edit it, it always opened in a new window.  When it updated it asked me what to use to open the smart object.  I pressed illustrator by accident.  Now I cant change that preference back to Photoshop

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your Windows system settings and change file associations for .psb to Photoshop. Raster smart objects will be in the .psb format. You set .psb to open in Illustrator when you clicked that dialog.

Not that vector smart objects should open in Illustrator!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would be normal for Vector Smart Object for Photoshop does not support vector image files. AI does. Raw Smart object will open in ACR for photoshop uses ACR to support Camera Raw files. Other smart objects will open in Photoshop

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines