Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My softbrushes have a ''halo''

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I just got a new laptop (MSI GP66 Leopard) since my other one unfortunally died. I installed the CC app on this new latop and wanted to work on a  new project. But I just noticed that my softbrushes all have some kind of halo when using it? It's not only my softbrushes, also my clonestamp and other brushes are giving me some trouble. And when I look at the presents, they look incredible wonky as well. I tried to use the brushes on different bg's and I noticed the brush-line isn't round, as it usually is, more more raggid?

What did I already try?

- My Mode is in 16 bit;

- I checked that I actually worked with brush tool and not the Pencil tool;

- Removed Photoshop and reinstalled it;

- Played around with Smoothing, didn't work;

- Closed Photoshop and started it again.

I've added some screenshot, so you can see what I mean. I never had this before and it is driving me insane! :'( I really hope it is some simple check I missed or anything :')

Thank you so much in advance!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Have you tried resetting your brush preferences? 

Here is a thread on resetting your brushes that you might find helpful: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/reset-brushes-to-default-settings/m-p/10475494

You may also want to reset your Photoshop brushes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if that works or if you still need help,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out! I hope understood correctly.

I reset the Photoshop preferences on Quit, unfortunal ly it didn't work 😞

I also reset the brushes in the brushes panel (reset all locked settings), but it also didn't work 😞

Reset-Brushes.jpgReset-Photoshop_Preferences.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add:
I went to the Brush Settings panel instead of the Brush pannel, because when I go to the Brush panel, I don't see any option to reset or Restore Original Brushes, etc.

Reset_Brushes_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lastly, I tried to reset the brushes using the arrow in the upper right corner. I used Reset Tool, Reset All Tools and Reset Tool Presets. They all didn't work 😞

I'm using Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.3.0 20210302.r.49 660cd2e x64

Reset-Brushes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It kinda looks like an fx is set by default.

I agree with mglush, resetting the brush preferences and brushes should fix this for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Happie_97, Thank you for replying! Unfortunally it didn't work 😞 I tried it all (as far as I know), you can see my answer above.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does using sRGB for the monitor profile make a difference? (Just for testing!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you! I've been looking at it and these are my settings. In Mode, I switched between RGB and CMYK, but CMYK is even worse :'DWorking-settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was not talking about Photoshop’s Color Settings but the Monitor Profile as set in the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking around some more and I saw some people talking about the GPU? I tried to find my preferences and here they are:

GPU-1.pngGPU_2.png

I looked at these settings on my laptop from work and there I see I use the Advanced option, with some extra options ticked off. I somehow can't change this to Advanced on this new laptop. Does anyone if this could be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines