Highlighted

my whole project has turned black and white... ??

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm working in Ps, a painting project, and now my whole project has turned black and white. all of my layers. I'm fairly sure I pressed something accidentally but I don't know what or how to fix it. help??

I just figured it out. I had accidentally turned half of my layers invisible.... I don't know how I managed that by pressing one key but now i'm really embarrassed. thanks for your help though

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

my whole project has turned black and white... ??

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm working in Ps, a painting project, and now my whole project has turned black and white. all of my layers. I'm fairly sure I pressed something accidentally but I don't know what or how to fix it. help??

I just figured it out. I had accidentally turned half of my layers invisible.... I don't know how I managed that by pressing one key but now i'm really embarrassed. thanks for your help though

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Cmd or Ctrl 2 and let me know if that worked.  Hold down the Ctrl key and press 2 for example.

Cmd = Mac

Ctrl   = PC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017 21
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't do anything

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017 0
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at your document  tab at the top. What does it say in parenthesis? Mine would be (RGB/8)  for example.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's still set at RGB/8.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017 0
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. That helps. Now open your History Panel  Windows > History and go back a step at a time until you get your color back. The step below it might explain what happened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't show anything other than brushstrokes, and when I try to go back a step that's what it undoes- the brushstrokes. it doesn't fix the color.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017 1
Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You figured out. At least it wasn't non-reversable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2017 0
Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never be embarrassed...  Even pro users forget things or make mistakes.  It is better to ask then not too. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this happen , and I knew what I did just before, I had hit ctrl 5 and not ctrl T as I wanted to do, 5 being above T on keyb'd,   history didnt have a step for it and also image mode still showed it as rgb !. Ctrl 2 turned it colour again.

what is Ctrl 5 for it to do this, and yet image mode is rgb, ?

what is ctrl 2 to fix it, like to know what actually happened.

Merlin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2018 1
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl 5 = Blue grayscale channel

Ctrl 2 = RGB composite or full color

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well how'd you fix your problem? cmnd 2 won't work for me. it's staying black and white

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
gener7 LATEST
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a new post and attach a screenshot with tabs and panels visible. This thread is getting cluttered.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/how-do-i-take-a-screen-shot-from-photoshop/td-p/8867003?pag...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and this worked for me. Thanks !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude. It worked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAAAASS THANK YOU

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you, Milisaa93350435 and Gener7. Even though it was a differnt problem than yours, it was Gener7's initail response that was exactly what I needed.  Accidently stroking key-commands you don't mean to can be a real bummer... Don't be embarresed, you saved my day! (: 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0