Highlighted

My work disappeared after saving in Photoshop CC 2020

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in a file and saving it. Every so often, I save a new version of it as I receive client input. This morning I clicked "Save As" (the next version) and saved the file with several changes I'd made. After it saved, it was as though the file had reverted to the other version before I'd made any changes, except some of the copy disappeared in one of the sections also.  I have no idea what happened. I'm working on a Windows 10 PC and now need to redo my work. Any helpful tips or insight would be great - thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My work disappeared after saving in Photoshop CC 2020

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in a file and saving it. Every so often, I save a new version of it as I receive client input. This morning I clicked "Save As" (the next version) and saved the file with several changes I'd made. After it saved, it was as though the file had reverted to the other version before I'd made any changes, except some of the copy disappeared in one of the sections also.  I have no idea what happened. I'm working on a Windows 10 PC and now need to redo my work. Any helpful tips or insight would be great - thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save as should not change the current document in Photoshop. It should just save and Image file that will open and look like the composite you see for the current document you just saved a version of. Save As should not revert the open document. If Save change you current document you have a Problem. Try resetting Photoshop tools and your Preferences if setting tools does not clear up your issue.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
shesurfs LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it didn't occur to me that my Preferences file could be the culprit. I saved the old preferences to a file on my desktop and opened Photoshop, and I'm resetting some of the Preferences there. Next, I'll see whether, when I open my document and work in it then save it, if it has the same problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0