Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigating in many images

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been working with Photoshop Elements so far and I decided to purchase Photoshop to be more productive. However, I have a difficulty to navigate in my open files. I typically work with a lot of open files (can be a FEW HUNDRED files at the time)  and do small changes in them (translate text in bitmap images from one language to another so often it is just cut&paste of a single word [for instance "page" or "Figure"] or an experssion to many files, but it can't be automated). Photoshop Elements has the open file bin at the bottom of the page which is great for visual navigation, but I'm not able to find a similar tool for navigating in files in Photoshop. Any idea how to do that? I don't think bridge solves that as bridge doesn't show WIP state. Thanks, Jan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give Bridge a try. I'ts a lot more customizable than most people think.

I don't understand what you mean by "work in progress" state. Bridge shows the current state of the file, and there's a multitude of ways to label each file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Photoshop Elements has the open file bin at the bottom of the page which is great for visual navigation, but I'm not able to find a similar tool for navigating in files in Photoshop. Any idea how to do that? "

That feature was available in Photoshop CS6 I think as Mini Bridge. It is deprecated because it was flash based from what I have heard. Similar functionality was available but not any more if I can understand your question. You must find work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines