Highlighted

navigator panel bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I go out and go back to photoshop I see a navigation panel like this. please help
navi.jpg
TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

navigator panel bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I go out and go back to photoshop I see a navigation panel like this. please help
navi.jpg
TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the graphics processor is off, the navigation panel is working fine, but the work area looks like this ;/
work.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas: Check on "Legacy Compositing"

If you have a dual card system, uncheck "Automatic Graphics Switching"

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 7.01.52 AM.png

PS 2020 Performance.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem still exists. in my opinion this is the problem of refreshing the navigator panel when I go back to photoshop.
new.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this problem always there or did it recently happen? Did you upgrade Ps or MacOS recently?

Meantime I can suggest dropping the Drawing Mode to basic and unchecking OpenCL in your Graphics Card Advanced Settings to see if it takes the stress off your card. (See screenshot) and check your Cache levels. 2 or better, but I choose 4.Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 10.35.22 AM.png

Also go into Help > System Info, Copy and Paste your specs into your reply. No promises, but we may spot something.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately all the instructions did not help.
I will add that when I minimize photoshop and come back there is no problem.
The bug occurs when I switch programs in the dock. The problem has been occurring since several updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
gener7 LATEST
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running MacOS 10.14 or 10.15, you may have to give Photoshop trusted privileges due to increased security in this OS. Just click the + to add Photoshop to the list. You may also want to click on

"Full Disk Access" and be sure Photoshop is added there as well. Restart your Mac.

If this doesn't help, you should get a chat going with Customer Care.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/help.html?step=PPRO_how-tos-troubleshooting_troubleshoot_stillNeedHe...

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 6.05.10 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 1