• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need advice Photography membership for my laptop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to use the Photographymembership (Photoshop and Lightroom) but i'm not sure if my laptop can handle the programs. Could anyone give me advice? No one is responding on the chat..

(I am from the NL, so dutch and english replies are welcome :))

I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch, Mid 2010

Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

Processor: 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5

Laptop is already a bit older, so is it possible or do I have to save a lot of money for a new computer?

Thanks for the reply!

Regards,

Pris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Here's a link to the system requirements for Photoshop https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html, Lightroom CC https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/system-requirements.html, and Lightroom Classic https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html. The photo apps are fairly resource intensive, so you might want to consider a newer computer. If it helps, Windows machines that meet the specs are typically less expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

It looks like your MacBook Pro will barely make it:

• The system requirements for the current version of Photoshop say the minimum system is macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
  • The very last version of macOS that Apple supports on your mid-2010 MacBook Pro is the same, macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).

This means a few things:

• If you have not already upgraded your MacBook Pro to macOS 10.13, it will be required if you want to run Photoshop 2020.
  • macOS 10.13 and Photoshop 2020 may run slowly if your MacBook P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

I had a mid 2010 17"… Ps worked but not so good. Some advance features failed with GPU and could not upgrade to Catalina. Bought a new Mac book pro 16" with 

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 Go

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 Mo

Works perfect managing an aditional LG screen…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to the system requirements for Photoshop https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html, Lightroom CC https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/system-requirements.html, and Lightroom Classic https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html. The photo apps are fairly resource intensive, so you might want to consider a newer computer. If it helps, Windows machines that meet the specs are typically less expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I'm going to check the links and maybe do a month free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"and maybe do a month free trial."

The free trials are for 7 days. Be sure to cancel if you don't want to continue so you won't be billed.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you confirm your specs from Myra's links, you can download a free 7-day trial to make sure that it works. Be sure to cancel if it doesn't, as it rolls into a paid subscription.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I should probably do a trial, to find out if it's workable. Thanks for the reply! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your MacBook Pro will barely make it:

• The system requirements for the current version of Photoshop say the minimum system is macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).
  • The very last version of macOS that Apple supports on your mid-2010 MacBook Pro is the same, macOS 10.13 (High Sierra).

This means a few things:

• If you have not already upgraded your MacBook Pro to macOS 10.13, it will be required if you want to run Photoshop 2020.
  • macOS 10.13 and Photoshop 2020 may run slowly if your MacBook Pro is still using the original hard drive and less than 8GB of RAM.
  • The best performance you are going to get out of that MacBook Pro is if it has been upgraded to its maximum 8GB of RAM, and if the internal hard drive has been upgraded to an SSD, but even then, it's now a 10-year-old computer, so your idea of running a trial is a good idea.
  • A future version of Photoshop (we don't know which one at this point) may raise the minimum system requirement to macOS 10.14. At that point you will decide whether to stick with the version of Photoshop your Mac can run, or switch to a more recent Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comprehensive reply!

I am going to try the 7day free trial, but I'm expecting it will be slow.

I'm already saving for an iMac, but it's very expensive and I wanted to start right now 😄

I'm very gratefull for all of your responses. Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a mid 2010 17"… Ps worked but not so good. Some advance features failed with GPU and could not upgrade to Catalina. Bought a new Mac book pro 16" with 

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 Go

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 Mo

Works perfect managing an aditional LG screen…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines