Highlighted

Need Cloning Background Help

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a new Photoshop user (v. 21.3), I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. I have a JPEG photo of a woman with windblown hair against a background with several distorting objects. I need to either replace the background or clone out the distractions. The challenge for a newbie like me is how to clone or replace the background while masking off the numerous strands of blowing hair. If someone is aware of an online how-to tutorial covering this, I would appreciate if you could pass this ont o me. Thank you so much!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need Cloning Background Help

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a new Photoshop user (v. 21.3), I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. I have a JPEG photo of a woman with windblown hair against a background with several distorting objects. I need to either replace the background or clone out the distractions. The challenge for a newbie like me is how to clone or replace the background while masking off the numerous strands of blowing hair. If someone is aware of an online how-to tutorial covering this, I would appreciate if you could pass this ont o me. Thank you so much!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could share with us the image or a screenshot of the image you're trying to work on this would help us in advising how to proceed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a crop of the image. I would like to clone out the various distractions in the background window. I considered using either the healing brush or the clone stamp tool. But I assume that I would have to somehow mask the hair first. Any thoughts or suggestions that you might have to put me on the right track would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 3.55.03 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0