Highlighted

Need help with system requirement and update

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using photoshop CC 2019/2020 on a system with below configuration.

Processor - i7 7700 @ 3.60 GHz (Upto 4.20 GHz turbo boost)

RAM - 8 GB DDR4

Graphics Card - On-board

Hard disk - 1 TB SATA internal HDD

I am facing performance issues while working with large files in photoshop. Now my question is if the above configuration is good enough to run photoshop smoothly. If not, what would be my first preference while updating the hardware. More RAM, SSD or Graphics Card to see noticable improvement in performance.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help with system requirement and update

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using photoshop CC 2019/2020 on a system with below configuration.

Processor - i7 7700 @ 3.60 GHz (Upto 4.20 GHz turbo boost)

RAM - 8 GB DDR4

Graphics Card - On-board

Hard disk - 1 TB SATA internal HDD

I am facing performance issues while working with large files in photoshop. Now my question is if the above configuration is good enough to run photoshop smoothly. If not, what would be my first preference while updating the hardware. More RAM, SSD or Graphics Card to see noticable improvement in performance.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would do all of the above, you need at least 16GB of RAM and more if you're working on really large files, a 1TB SSD for OS, apps and scratch disk and a 2GB GPU

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Ged!

Currently it won't be possible for me to update all the components at once. So please suggest what should I update first on priority to make photoshop perform better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM would be number one, depending on how large your files are go for 32GB if you can afford it, SSD number two.

Photoshop is pretty RAM hungry when working with large files

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here is the system requirement: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

a new version is around the corner.

I'd go either for the SSD or the RAM. The SSD will speed your entire system, the RAM should impact Photoshop a bit more, unless you are opening/closing large images all the time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0