• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, whenever I try to make a new document I put the dimensions as 8.5 W & 11 L with Resolution as 300 but whenever I confirm it will shrink the background VERY and I mean VERY small so whenever I try to drag and drop a photo to edit it will just be 2 massive pixels, can someone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you dragging from? Another PS document? Finder or File Explorer? Bridge? Or???

What can you tell us about the size and resolution of the photo?

What is your zoom level?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dragging from another Ps document.

My size is 8.5 Width and 11 length with 300 resolution

my zoom level is @ 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, whenever I try to make a new document I put the dimensions as 8.5 W & 11 L with Resolution as 300 but whenever I confirm it will shrink the background VERY and I mean VERY small so whenever I try to drag and drop a photo to edit it will just be 2 massive pixels, can someone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to what happens when you place an image into your 8.5x101/300 document? If so, you're experiencing the effect of placing a very low resolution image into a high resolution file. The image you're placing only has so many pixels, and putting it into a high rez document won't change the original number of pixels. The result'd be that if you resized your placed image, all you'd get is blur. Please make sure that the images you place are sufficiently size in height, width AND depth to work in your Photoshop document.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just changed it and it worked! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also noticed that it was pixels insted of Inches so that also fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines