Need script. Hope you can help me. Randomly combine PSD

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I really hope you can help me.

So here is the think.

Lets say I have two folders, folder A and folder B.

Folder A has 100 PSD files and folder B has 50 PSD files.

Each PSD file has a group with few layers (does not matter which folder A or B, they have exactly the same layer structure and resolution).

Is there a way with a script to open from folder A the first PSD file and randomly pick another PSD files from folder B and to combine them into a single PSD files (the PSD files could be the same that was in forlder A, just to overwrite it) then to close it and open the second PSD files from folder A and repeat the process all over again untill reaches the last 100 PSD files.

Keep in mind that my folder A and B has a lot more PSD files.

I hope you can help me. I'm ready to rename what ever you want in order the script to work.

Thank you very much.

Topics

Actions and scripting, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need script. Hope you can help me. Randomly combine PSD

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I really hope you can help me.

So here is the think.

Lets say I have two folders, folder A and folder B.

Folder A has 100 PSD files and folder B has 50 PSD files.

Each PSD file has a group with few layers (does not matter which folder A or B, they have exactly the same layer structure and resolution).

Is there a way with a script to open from folder A the first PSD file and randomly pick another PSD files from folder B and to combine them into a single PSD files (the PSD files could be the same that was in forlder A, just to overwrite it) then to close it and open the second PSD files from folder A and repeat the process all over again untill reaches the last 100 PSD files.

Keep in mind that my folder A and B has a lot more PSD files.

I hope you can help me. I'm ready to rename what ever you want in order the script to work.

Thank you very much.

Topics

Actions and scripting, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A  script can definitely create two file list  Folder's A list and Foldr's B list.  The Scrip can process all the file in List A in file name sort order. As it Process each file in the A list the script can use a random number generator to pick a file from the B list.  There will be two document open in Photoshop which the script can merge. you need to programs the merging process to merge B into A the way you want them to merge.  The script can the save the A document and close both document.  When all the files in folder A have been updated the process will end.  IMO it would be better to save the  merged documents in Folder C.  If All prove to be good  delete folder A and rename Folder C to A. A programming  error could destroy all you Folder A Files if  you over write them. Better to play it safe.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JJMack,

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you the script could save the new files into folder C just in case. 

The thing is I have zero knowledge of programing a script. Can please help me with the script?

Thank you 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have 0 knowledge you need to educate yourself.  Then design you will implement to merge B into A. You need to know to want to process the content of you documents to  merge B into A.  You have a long road to travel If you have no programming experience and have never design automation processes.  It will depend on how well you learn JavaScript  and how well you know how Photoshop works and how well you know how to use Photoshop features.   You not talking about a few hours of learning.  You should get a proper education.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0