Highlighted

NEF file wouldn't open in Photoshop Elements 8.0

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open NEF file in my old Photoshop Elements 8.0 from Nikon D7100, but it does open NEF file from Nikon D50. I have 2 computers one with Windows 7 and other one with Windows10 but it’s still wouldn’t open NEF file in Photoshop Elements 8 from Nikon D7100. I did download NEF Codec for my camera but it didn’t help. Any suggestion, please.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

NEF file wouldn't open in Photoshop Elements 8.0

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open NEF file in my old Photoshop Elements 8.0 from Nikon D7100, but it does open NEF file from Nikon D50. I have 2 computers one with Windows 7 and other one with Windows10 but it’s still wouldn’t open NEF file in Photoshop Elements 8 from Nikon D7100. I did download NEF Codec for my camera but it didn’t help. Any suggestion, please.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEF is the file extension for all Nikon raw files, but each raw file is different, so Camera Raw in Photoshop Elements needs to be updated when a new Nikon camera comes out. Apparently Photoshop Elements 8 is too old for Nikon D7100 NEF files. What you can do (apart from upgrading, of course) is downloading the free Adobe DNG Converter. You can convert the NEF files to DNG with that app, and then Photoshop Elements 8 can open the DNG files.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 2
Tim5E11 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I will try it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0