Neural Filters crashes photoshop in 22.1

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I run neural filters on photoshop v22.1 it will begin to load, come up with a blank error box (see image attached) and will either crash after clicking cancel on the error box or sometimes it lets me run the neural filters, preview adjustments and crashes on hitting OK to apply.

Images being used are 8 Bit RGB and profile running is sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Running on Windows 10 (up to date) using an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (drivers up to date), I have already tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop
  • Turning on and off "Use Graphics Processor" (restarting PS after each)
  • Renaming / Deleting (both) the neural filters folder found in user data roaming data folder
  • Running PS as admin
  • Adjusting folder permission inheritence
  • Fully restarting computer and ensuring ram and space is free when running

Any help is appreciated especially as it is somewhat frustrating to see the neural filter would indeed adjust the image as I'd like but crashes before implimentation.

Also in the past Neural filters has worked fine but nothing has changed to beyond updating photoshop.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Neural Filters crashes photoshop in 22.1

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I run neural filters on photoshop v22.1 it will begin to load, come up with a blank error box (see image attached) and will either crash after clicking cancel on the error box or sometimes it lets me run the neural filters, preview adjustments and crashes on hitting OK to apply.

Images being used are 8 Bit RGB and profile running is sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Running on Windows 10 (up to date) using an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (drivers up to date), I have already tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop
  • Turning on and off "Use Graphics Processor" (restarting PS after each)
  • Renaming / Deleting (both) the neural filters folder found in user data roaming data folder
  • Running PS as admin
  • Adjusting folder permission inheritence
  • Fully restarting computer and ensuring ram and space is free when running

Any help is appreciated especially as it is somewhat frustrating to see the neural filter would indeed adjust the image as I'd like but crashes before implimentation.

Also in the past Neural filters has worked fine but nothing has changed to beyond updating photoshop.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 08, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there are some bugs in 2021 version yet so revert back to 2020 for all work....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
faramon LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the 2020 version also have Neural Filters? I don't mind installing the older version if it still has the same functionalities how ever if it does not then I am unsure how that helps with my issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2021 0