• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 neural filter style transfer not available

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pumped for the style transfer feature in photoshop 2021, but it is the only neural filter that wont work. The download button is unclickable and greyed out and it says the filter is not available.

ndow_0-1603204484487.png

{Moderator Note: Edited thread title, LFP-1846, PS-57169}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

When I restarted for a third time, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Photoshop

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Finally I could install these filters... First I had to set the temporary path (TEMP and TMP) to c:\windows\temp. Second I had to run PS as administrator. Then the download worked.

Then I started PS without admin-rights and the filters were not installed... So I had to change the rights for all of the directories in folder c:\users\....\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\ that I am authorised to access it.

Afterwords the filters worked!! *halleluja*

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 235 Replies 235
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you did NOT fix the issue! I still cannot download them! I would agree to make them available so that we can download and use them! Issue is not fixed. Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me, either.  I have restarted at least 15 times.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Photoshop v. 22.0.0

(i7-6950x, Win10, 64GB ram, 2 x 1080ti)

When accessing the neural filters I see download buttons, but when i click them they start to download and just before they are finished they revert back to "Download" again, so the download never actually finishes.

Video: PS Issue

Tried deleting the C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData folder, but it didn't help.

Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround until Adobe gets their act together I have tested this morning and allows you to use the filters is in this post: Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 neural filter style transfer not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that fix also, not working. My download button is always grayed out, cannot click it. Says filter not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work - even tried setting everything up to "full access" - No dice:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around will only work for people that can click download, the download proceeds, then the download button comes back.  It will not work for people with greyed out buttons.

What is happening, the workaround prevents PS from deleting files it downloads so we can manually move them.  The downloads actually do happen and they are placed in the temp folder, PS can't clean up because we block that.  We then take the download files and move them into the place they belong and all is good.  PS has some kind of issue moving the files to the proper place, so we do that manually.  This is not a fix, simply a work around. For this specific issue.

Others are having issues with the buttons disabled, this will not fix that. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to start a new thread as this is being discussed in a "closed/fixed" thread regarding a different issue and may be overlooked.

A video of the issue shows that you can click download all you want, it seems like it is downloading, but the button returns. Some of the beta filters seems to be downloaded and those work, but the main filters will not download.

Video: PS Issue

Items tried but does not fix:

• Uninstalling/Reinstalling
  • Deleting C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData
  • Opening/closing PS dozens of times

This issue is being discussed in other threads that really were not the same issue starting the thread. once example: Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 neural filter style transfer not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB moderators - don't merge it, this is not the same issue as in other thread.

I am also having this issue, no help from all the suggested fixes. Also reinstalling is no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please post to this thread at the Feedback site where the Photoshop developers will see it, as they do not monitor this forum.

Photoshop 22.x: New Neural filters don't work  

~ Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Adobe employee do monitor this forum as they have responded to other post including the post linked to in my issue above. Sahil Chawla, Mohit Goyal - Adobe Employees. Thanks for the info though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are Adobe employees. The Photoshop developers monitor the other forum. Bug reports should be reported there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot even click download, my download button is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I cannot get the Neural Filters on my iMac. 

When I hot the download button it hangs a feew secs oder downloads a few secs and the it resets the button. No matter how often I reinstall PS2021 or delete the Plugin Folder in UXP... it does not work. 

Regards

Dominik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been nearly a week since therollout of Photoshop 22, and Adobe still has no fix for this? I havertried all the workarounds that folks have provided-- none work. The only 2 filters I am able to use are the smart portrait and the depth haze. The rest of the filters-- I have a gray cloud with an exclamation point, a grayed out download button, and a message that says filter not available. That is unacceptable. The reason I feel that way is that  I understand there will bugs in new software, however this appears to be a simple issue of the filter not downloading from Adobe for certain people for some reason. I do not understand why it cannot be added to the creative cloud account of paying customers, so that the neural filters may be downloaded. I am sick of Adobe saying how wonderful they are when I and so many others cannot even  get them into our photoshop program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does not work. Tried everything what was recomented. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to uninstall Photoshop, then reinstall Photoshop. Still cannot download Neural Filters! Sorry, this does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restarted PS 2021 4 times and neural filter style transfer stiill is not available for download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me v 22.0 installed as a second install when I did the update. So under all apps in adobe cc I could see v 21.2.4 and 22, so something weird happened, and I was actually in the older version of the software. I have uninstalled the old one and everything is fine in 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"........so something weird happened,........"

You are given the choice when updating from the CC desktop app to keep or delete old versions

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still trying to get the new neural filters. Updated Photoshop to 22.0.0. When Neural Filters comes up with a regular 8 bit image, the only filters I see are Skin Smoothing and Style Transfer. There is no option to do anything else. How do I get the filters? Second question, why is this so effed up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the "The filter is not available" error. You should try restarting Photoshop multiple times and it should show you the neural filters. Actually, a lot of users trying to download the neural filters on the launch day at the same time and that caused the error message. We have fixed this issue from the backend.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow fixing your backend does not fix my frontend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is not working for multiple people. So it is NOT fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me done most of the solutions but besides the 2 filters shipped with PS 2022 none of the other beta neural filters seem to be downloading this is definitly a bug or a backend issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines