Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Brush Sync feature breaks folder structure

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,
at first: Thanks for adding the Brush and Presets Sync feature – I hope it will develop well as this was something I really missed and was happy to see in the recent update.
When I started syncing, first thing that happened was that my whole computer was slowed down (iMac 2019, 27", 40GB RAM).
Second thing was an error message saying something went wrong.
As a result, my whole brush folder structure is now broken. All of the folders that are now empty. Instead, all the brushes are now showing in one long list.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this issue. If you happen to recall, how many minutes elapsed between toggling syncing on and seeing the "something went wrong" error message? Also, approximately how many brushes do you have on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I am not sure since I left my computer for a coffee break after I read that it could be normal if photoshop did not respond for some time. Must have been something between 5 and 10 Minutes…
I do not know the exact number of my brushes but the number is quite high, since for example I downloaded all of the Kyle Brushes for testing and I do create lots of Brushes on my own. The *.abr file I created for backup has about 1 GB file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like the sync is timing out, which causes the "something went wrong" error to be displayed. Assuming that you still have a backup of your brushes available in an ABR file, you can try the following:

1. Delete all brushes in the Brushes panel
  2. Import your backup ABR file, either by drag-and-dropping it into Photoshop, or by selecting "Import Brushes" from the Brushes panel menu
  3. Wait ~10 minutes
  4. Close and re-launch Photoshop

If you're able to get through those steps without a "something went wrong" error dialog, then your brush folder hierarchy should be retained. If that also fails, let me know and we can try a different workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines