Exit

New Bug / Behavior with Crop tool around Guides Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use guides to determine my crop, this is not possible in Photoshop 2020 Mac

Photoshop 2019 behavior, select crop tool and then draw box aligning to guides.

Photoshop 2020 behavior, select crop tool and then start to draw box but as soon as I get near a guide the move tool is now active and the guide moves. I tried locking the guides, I could then use them to crop but they were then included in the new cropped image. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Hi All, 

This issue should be fixed in Photoshop February 2020 (version 21.1.0) release.

Please update to the latest version from the Creative Cloud desktop app. See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it's infuriating. Why would I want to move my guides during a crop?? If anyone figures out how to fix this please let me know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, on Windows 2020 as well, this is s**ting me considerably; I setup guides on packaging artwork to define cropping regions and now I have to lock them first or draw a crop box within the guides then resize it to snap...just more work and f'ing around. Another general bug related to this is that you can accidently move guides with other edit operations, like trying to edit vector objects, and you can't "undo" the guide move, it's not registered in the history, it's part of whatever other operation was being performed when the guide was picked up and repositioned. Something weird like that....anyway, it means having to lock guides a lot more often than I'd like to....lock, unlock, lock, unlock....blah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

This issue should be fixed in Photoshop February 2020 (version 21.1.0) release.

Please update to the latest version from the Creative Cloud desktop app. See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this is now fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 21.1.2 and this is not fixed. My guides are locked but when I use the crop tool guides move accordingly. Cropping from the right or bottom behave as expected but from left or top, it moves the guides. I don't know why I am paying that 60 euros a month for a software that just do worse now what it was doing great in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've only just noticed that this happens to me too, cropping from the right works fine but cropping from the left moves the guides. I have guides in the middle that I need to crop to to get rid of the margins but its impossible as the left hand guides moves so im having to guess. I could draw a line on a new layer and crop to that but I shouldn't have to as that is what the guides are for. I'm on the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines