• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New content aware fill freezes Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new CA fill, after using the mark removal brush a couple of times, forces Photoshop to hang anf I need to kill it.

PC: MS Surface Book 2 15 (tried also on max performance with nvidia card)

It is basically a useless feature as it is.

Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try turning off Use Graphics Acceleration.Restart Photoshop, and try CAF again. I just tested it, and the new CAF works without GPU help.

If that makes the issue go away, can you check that your video card driver is fully up to date, and from the card makers site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having Content Aware Fill cause Photoshop to freeze as well on my Surface Book 2 (Intel I7 processor and NVIDIA GTX 1050). Photoshop will not respond and remains frozen until I force quit and restart. I disabled Photoshop using the GPU as recommended and it did not make a difference, Photoshop still froze while using Content Aware Fill.

Photoshop on my Asus desktop does not suffer from this issue, it is only affecting my Surface Book 2.

Surface Book 2 Windows Specifications

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS Build: 17134.345

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was having the same issue and what fixed it for me was to disable Enable Generator in preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable Generator was disabled by default for me, it has not made a difference as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this solved the freeze but the brush is extremely laggy still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, the PS just stop, I running Windows 10 with I7 with 16gb. I try the other solution din´t solve, My drive C: is SSD M2 and was with like 20% free space. I move some files and make more them 50% free. Now solve the problem and work perfect. I try diferent photos and all the new test run perfect. My SS@ M2 is 970evo 500gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines