Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Cryptomatte image editing with Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all Photoshop users,

I have read here, in Forum, so many questions and feature requests from Arnold users to have Cryptomatte editing tool in Photoshop, and now it is here.

The free Exr-IO 2 Photoshop plugin can automatically read all your 3d elements and Cryptomattes and create masks (or whatever you want) of it.

I have posted also a step-by-step Tutorials about how to utilize Cryptomattes and 3D render elements in the production pipeline.

Hope it helps for the start

Exr-IO 2.00 https://www.exr-io.com/exr-io-2-00/

3d-io has released the Exr-IO 2.00, the free OpenEXR plug-in for Adobe Photoshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI3IydbTFsE

The new version of the popular Exr-IO file format plug-in includes support for additional features like cryptomatte decoding, support for mipmaps and ripmaps, reduced memory consumption and numerous quality, compatibility and stability improvements with better error handling.

Exr-IO 2.00 aims to be as feature complete as possible to allow users to read and write the full scope of EXR image data wherever possible.

https://www.exr-io.com/exr-io-2-00/

exr-io_cryptomatte_photoshop_automatic_masks_compositing.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

I do use version 1.04 of this plug in to bring in 32 bit render pass layers from Blender. I've just updated to v2.0 and the new features look very useful indeed. Thanks for posting this.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use version 1.04 of this plug in to bring in 32 bit render pass layers from Blender. I've just updated to v2.0 and the new features look very useful indeed. Thanks for posting this.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Any chance to have this plugin for Mac users?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may be better off posting your question to Igor on the discord links in EXR-IO pages he linked above. Igor has not posted here since this 2019 thread.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines