• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New keyboard screwing up my Actions

Advocate ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had corded keyboard for longest time.

Got a new Magic Mac Bluetooth.  But now F4 which brought up resize image brings up the show all apps. ie, the new mac corderlss is overideing all

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Hi Larry/ It seems like the function keys in your new keyboard have "OS tasks" linked to it. You can disable this "OS tasks" using these instructions: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2600423

Also, you can add the key Fn, for example, Fn + F4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry/ It seems like the function keys in your new keyboard have "OS tasks" linked to it. You can disable this "OS tasks" using these instructions: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2600423

Also, you can add the key Fn, for example, Fn + F4.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Marliton, great...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn, there are the mute , lower/ raise volume I was using, and the large magic keyboard does not have fn key.. so how can I set volume and mute?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Fn key to change the functioning of the Function keys. Fn key chnages the function to the other type. Been like that on most keyboards for years. Especially on notebook computer but has carried over to desktop keyboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry wrote:

"the large magic keyboard does not have fn key"

Hi Larry,

Do you have this keyboard from the Apple website? If so, the fn key is under F13.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MQ052LL/A/magic-keyboard-with-numeric-keypad-us-english-silver

If not, send a link to the one you have at the Apple website.

Jane

6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Just shoot me, cool, yes there, did not see it.

Finally, is there a way to Use the F the way I want, but also have some of the F keys go to Apples default, ie, like volume etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to my knowledge. All the F function key work as standard Function keys or as Secondary function keys. It is Either - Or and then the Fn key switch to the other function.

I have mine set to standard functions then use the Fn key + (for me) the F10 and F11 to lower and raise the volume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Larry. The fn key on my external iPad keyboard is in the lowest left, so it tends to not have a set place. It's either / or with the function keys — there's no partial or customizing. Like J_S_M, I set it to standard function keys and use the fn key when I need the others.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines