• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Mac Pro - USE GRAPHIC PROCESSOR (Grayed Out)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just purchased a new Mac Pro (maxed out) with the AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB graphics cards. When I go to Preferences > Performance under Graphics Processor Settings the USE GRAPHIC PROCESSOR is grayed out. I read that it had something to do with the duo cards. After a few days of using photoshop, I went back in and noticed that use graphic processor was check and working correctly. Today, I updated MacOS Catalina to 10.15.6 and noticed use graphic processor is back to unselected and grayed out. It says Photoshop detected an error in your display driver.

I've noticed when it isn't working if I leave photoshop and go to another program such as Illustrator or Safari and come back to Photoshop, my graphic/image is grayed out until I click the zoom tool. This is what I am trying to fix.

Thank you!

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the same is applying to Illustrator since updating to a new Mac Pro. Under preferences then Performance, GPU Performance says compatible GPU not available. When I move a graphic it is acting very laggy. The GPU Performance and Animated Zoom boxes are grayed out and don't let me select either of them. I would think they would work with a brand new maxed out Mac Pro with Photoshop CC fully updated. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, except that the zoom thing didn't work for me. Also I'm on 10.15.7. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just fixed mine by accident last night. The usb c cable that plugs in my screen, I have it plugged into the spot with the lighting bolt on the back of my screen and then plugged into the back of the tower in one that doesn't have a lightning bolt ( I did 3rd from the left in the middle). It is now fixed plus I am able to use I design again, it was crashing every time. I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My zoom wasn't working either and is now fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian

I know your post is almost 2 years old now but could i ask but coild i ask how photoshop and illustrator are working now

with the Pro Vega Duo? I posted this morning to enquire if these 2 cards are compatible with Illustrator and the reply was that the W6800x is. I'm a a 2019 mac pro with W5700x which is a bit glitchy with big Illustrator files and with the cost of these cards i'm looking around for answers before i buy.

Hope you dont mind this message.

thanks

Ron

Re: Are these grahics cards AMDRadeon Pro Vega II MPX, Radeon Pro W6800X MPX compatible with Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines