• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New mac with M1 and Big Sur wont let photoshop open

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved everything over to my new mac pro last night and everything seems to be working fine including lightroom, but my photoshop won't open. The opening screen pops up and then just spinning wheel of death. I've read that I need to download the beta version from the creative cloud but the strangest thing, when I open the app on my computer (I've tried reinstalling twice now) I can't click on anything at all. I can scroll up and down but I can't click, meaning I can't download. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with PS but I can't download anything or get any response from the Creative Cloud. Adobe says it's supposed to work but it hasn't worked on my new M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Greg,

so I actually just ended up messaging Adobe's customer service and the guy did a screen sharing with me and he got both my photoshop and creative cloud working. I watched him but I couldn't tell you how he did it really. He did quite a few things in like a 15 minute span that would have taken me days to figure out. In the end he told me he installed creative cloud for M1.  I guess there is a different one for M1s. Maybe try searching for that on the Adobe site. But i do highly recommend contacting Adobe and doing a screen share. It was so quick and painless. Wish I had done that hours ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The latest March release of Photoshop is optimized for Silicon according to Adobe. Here's the link. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Try reseeting the preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

If that does not work, run the cleaner tool, reboot, then reninstall Ps. .Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

Should tthat not work, reach out the Ps team here. https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop-beta/photoshop-not-running-on-my-macbook-pro-...

Best of luck

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | MSD |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDA | PADI | C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines