Highlighted

New MacOS Big Sur Photoshop Korean support issue when naming layers

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated both my imac and macbook into Big Sur, which is on beta service and working on.

I havent tested other adobe apps but in photoshop, names of layers which is korean are shown incorrectly.

the name of layer should start right after the layer thumbnail, but it starts right beside the left border of the layer panel, hiding all the thumbnails and visibility icons in its way.

As a korean, naming layers intuitively for my team members is so important that I can't change the names into english or other alphabet oriented languages.

I know that an immediate response to Big Sur beta os is difficult and challenging, but I wish adobe would solve this issue asap.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New MacOS Big Sur Photoshop Korean support issue when naming layers

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated both my imac and macbook into Big Sur, which is on beta service and working on.

I havent tested other adobe apps but in photoshop, names of layers which is korean are shown incorrectly.

the name of layer should start right after the layer thumbnail, but it starts right beside the left border of the layer panel, hiding all the thumbnails and visibility icons in its way.

As a korean, naming layers intuitively for my team members is so important that I can't change the names into english or other alphabet oriented languages.

I know that an immediate response to Big Sur beta os is difficult and challenging, but I wish adobe would solve this issue asap.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a bit too premature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i know...i should have turned off the auto updates.....:(

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the user support forum, so we cannot directly help you. The problem is that Adobe does not support beta MacOS software. They wait for the final release where they will have access to the programming documentation and then they will go from there. Right now Ps is not Big Sur ready and does not say so in the System Requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

If you need more discussion on this, start a new topic here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop

That is the Production management forum where you talk about this in detail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thx so much.

im not familiar with this forum so i was confused about what i can discuss here. thx for telling me.

i hope the final release of big sur would come quickly 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
gener7 LATEST
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so as well, but never run beta-test software in a place where you are expected to produce work under deadlines.

I proceed cautiously and make time for other partners who make driver software as well as Photoshop to catch up. Even after official release 10.15.0, I wait a few "dot releases", sometimes .3 before I will install the new OS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0