Highlighted

New Photoshop 2021 will not any files. I get an error message.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot load any file.

After I get this error message in Photoshop I cannot close it.

I have to call on Windows Task Manager to force it closed.

I erased all versions I had and downloaded it again with the same reaction.

Any ideas?

Troy

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Photoshop 2021 will not any files. I get an error message.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot load any file.

After I get this error message in Photoshop I cannot close it.

I have to call on Windows Task Manager to force it closed.

I erased all versions I had and downloaded it again with the same reaction.

Any ideas?

Troy

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same exact issue. I even tried to reach out to Adobe to no response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same here. The latest version is essentially unusable for me; 2020 works perfectly fine. I also see the PS 2021 crash when attempting to edit photos in PS from LR 10 (a crash report is generated each and every time); uninstalling 2021 and re-using PS 2020 for the 'edit in PS' from LR 10 works fine.'

I've tried resetting preferences, uininstalling all previous versions, etc. and always the same error in PS 2021. I ended up going back to installing PS 2020 and will continue to use this until 2021 is fixed. Sigh...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case this was *not* a system requirements issue. Instead turning off "Use Graphics Processor" fixed this. Why this setting resuls in so many problematic behaviours (e.g., inability to *close the application*??) is a mystery. As I've mentioned in this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2021-ver-22-0-0-crashes-right-after-opening/m-p/1... a real time suck figuring this out...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue here, too. Sometimes just an empty popup window without a message appears, too (it's the same shape as the program error message). When it happens, it seems: Task Manager, End Task is the only way to close Photoshop 2021. Like a previous poster said, Photoshop 2020 works fine, but Photoshop 2021 has these program errors constantly, for just about every action, even closing it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is official page with known issues https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

Your issue seems to be common due to new system requirements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bojan, thank you.

Yet, I do not understand Adobe having to address system modifications for their newest versions to execute properly. This just seems to be and a burden the normal user is not used to.

Turn your GPU off etc. How many even know what a GPU is or how to get at it without the explanations in the Adobe work-arounds. Why would Adobe even attempt to release this version if those types of modifications have to be made.

In other words, I think it is a mess.

Thanks again.

Troy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another unhappy chappie here. Same problem, frustrating. Hope a fix is quickly in the pipeline.

Clicks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0