• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Photoshop CC 2017 AND PLUGINS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this version play nice with my plugins. I often use various plugins like ON ONE, TOPAZ AND NIK. I thought I remember reading that after PS CC 2015.5 you don't have to either copy and paste or reinstall these plugins. Anyone have any trouble with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Dave, just did as you suggested my Nik collection is working fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Dave stated above, you need to move the Plugins from the older version of PShop to the new one.  In my case it was from 2015.5 to 2017,  I have a Mac so that was from Applications\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Plug-ins  to Applications\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins.  My plugins were the Nik Collection and Topaz Star Effects.  I just opened a Finder window for each PShop version to navigate to their respective Plugins folders and dragged the folders titled Google and TopazStarEffects from the older version into the newer version's Plug-ins folder.  Note: after the upgrade from 2015.5 to 2017 all that was left in the older Apps file was its Plug-ins folder.  I guess they left I there just for this.  They both seem to be working OK.  Google Merge to HDR Effects now works from the Bridge as normal under Google in the Tools drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re. the Nik filters. I had to download and re-install the Nik collection.

However; it no longer seems to be possible to automate a Nik filter. When i run the action i just get the duplicated layer but not the Nik filter effect. i'd be interested to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested as well, although I never used the Nik Collection. 

If more people are experiencing this problem chances are the problem will remain as I don't foresee Google updating the collection for present or future versions of Photoshop; Google did after all buy the Nik Collection then release it free, not that everything released for free has an end of life but in most cases it usually does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ it turns out that to use the Nik filters in an action you have to create the filter by choosing it from the main menu not from the little floating dialog box. Once you do that the filters can be used in an action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have had the same problem and my mistake was that during the upgrade i didnot click the button which says to leave the original version intact, so after a bit of searching i came across this website and it gave me the options , firstly to download the adobe cc cleaner from adobe and then remove everything CC and then download photoshop CC 2015.5 and reinstall, now after doing all that , all my plugins are working fine, and i have both the 2015.5 and the 2017 version as well, hopefully Adobe will resolve the issue with the 2017, till then, enjoy the 2015.5, and if you want to update just make sure that you have ticked off the button which says to remove the previous version from the CC portal on your computer.

This doesnot seem to be a spam website as it took me to adobe own site and then adobe asked me to enter my login info and let me download the previous version because with the new update i was no where able to find the option to reinstall the previous version .

Cheers

NOTE : click on this site and follow the instructions

At Last! The Adobe CC 2015.5 Direct Download Links (2016 Release) | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the Nik Collection Plugin yesterday and all of them have run smoothly in PS CC 2017... What a relief!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Plug ins working now, ( One One 9.5 / 10.5 and Topaz, plus Nik Collection ) but only after having to reinstall them yet again...every time there is an adobe cc update !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstalling or copy the nik filters to cc 2017 did not work for me.

So I had to delete 2015 first, then installed nik again, the latest download from google.

Now it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get my plug-ins back in to Photoshop 2017 Topaz, NIk, Portrait Pro and etc.  I have tried to copy and paste from 2015.5.

What else can I do.

I wish so much Adobe would stop doing this.. it really is extremely time consuming and annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this in General Discussion, but should have posted it here...

I finally got it straight!  And, this is what I did:

1.  COMPLETELY "Uninstall" your Nik Collection.

2.  Go to https://www.google.com/nikcollection/

3.  Download the Nik Collection

4.  Make sure Photoshop is NOT open and then INSTALL the Nik Collection

I always restart my computer afterwards.   (its a MAC, but an old habit from using a PC).. 

Open Photoshop CC2017 and your Nik Software should be there waiting for you in your Filters!

Hope this helps everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long thread already.   I did some reading of the Adobe provided update information.  I'm too lazy to dig for the links, but it started with the what's new webpage.

First, they strongly recommend that you don't move plug-in files.

Second, they recommend that if a plug-in does not follow an upgrade, that you run the plug-in installation program.

Third, they explain that (months ago) changes were made and third party plug-in providers were notified.  The changes allow the third parties to "fix" their software to accommodate Adobe upgrades.

On my computer, I have Topaz and NIK.  Google has stopped upgrading/updating NIK.  It is frozen in time.  So I can only assume that the upgrade/update fix will never be applied.  I re-ran the installation program, and all was fine.  Topaz showed did survive the update.  I assume that Topaz "fixed" their code to make the Adobe update/upgrade process smoother.  However, in the process I discovered that Topaz themselves had made a few upgrades.  So, the download and re-install for Topaz was needed anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The procedure for the Nik filters that I I used worked for me!  Uninstalling any of the older Nik Plugins is the only way the "New" plugins would install and work (for me anyway).  (So I guess Nik updated their software to work with CC17)   As far as Topaz is concerned, there website has a fix for the PS CC17.  I downloaded that and it worked.  Hooray.. my Photoshop CC2017 is up and running perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody using Easy Panel for cc 2017??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac w/ latest OS X. Had same problem w/ PS CC 2017. Partially solved the problem by uninstalling the Nik suite (uninstaller downloaded from Nik website) and reinstalling the Nik suite (download from Nik). The result is I can now use CEP 4 and SEP 2 (two of the favorites in the suite) in both LR and PS. AEP 2 also appears work. Define 2, Sharpener Pro 3 and Viveza 2 crash both LR and PS.

I use Topaz filters as well and they seem to work fine.

Does anyone have a solution to remedy crashes w/ Define 2, Sharpener Pro 3 and Viveza 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes! nik is gone. so is on1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a new version and it worked perfect with the last Photoshop CC 2017

here´s the link:

Google Nik Collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines