• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Photoshop is not letting me save my work due to a program error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop is not working properly. It does not let me save my work, it shows a notification saying "Couldn't save "document name" because of a program error". I notice this happens when I have a layer that is an AI importation from my adobe library of when I copy some work from Illustrator (does not matter what option I chose or if a rasterize the layer, the problem remains.)

What is happening? First, the adobe illustrator and photoshop started crushing; I update to Big Sur thinking that Catalina was the problem, now my Mac is up to date and, adding to the crushing problem, this starts to happen...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Very annoying! We do all this work and then can't save nor export due to program error in Photoshop 2021. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop. Same issue. Why? What is the fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have talked with support this morning and they told me that this is some bug of this new version of Photoshop, that and the sudden crashing... What worked for me was to downgrade my Photoshop;  I am now working on 21.2.4 version and I have been using it for all afternoon without any problem. But I think 22.0.1 is ok too. Now we have to wait for the next update to solve the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Good thing I haven't started on any new paid projects since I discovered this but personal project files I've put many hours into are having this issue and the only way I can save is by hiding all but the background layers. This is a work-around but there may be corruption in the file and I don't want to mess anything up. I can't even duplicate to another, or new, document. It's doing the same thing for all my new files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last thing, I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit. My graphics card is a 2080, and ram is 30gb. I work directly on a Solid State hard drive. Not that any of this is an issue but just needed you to understand my rig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand that much about hardware, but my Mac is really good and never gave me any kind of problems with adobe software, this was the first time. My experience tells me that this is a bug; is new software and a lot of people are having this problem, so try to rollback to the previous version with the creative cloud. It worked for me... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting the same error on a random basis. However, I am able to do a Save-As instead of a Save and it let's me save the work. The downside is I have to rename the new document, then delete the first version and rename the latest version. It's a hassle for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines