Highlighted

New Photoshop Update - Can't modify shapes with white cursor

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people,

So since a recent Photoshop update from a week or two ago, I've been unable to use the shapes like I used to. I used to just create a square and then use the white cursor to select the corners that I wanted to modify (length, width, etc). Now though, whichever corner I choose, it will move the whole shape regardless. This whole option changed overnight and I can't work precisely like I used to.

Online, I found an old mention of something similar, where the solution was to go into properties and deselect the "8" (linked) button to make sure the shape doesn't stay in proportion. I did so, but nothing changed, and when I create a new shape, the proportions are never linked anyway.

The only option I have left is to edit the shape's pixel size manually. This is what I do now, but it takes me a long time since I have to eyeball everything by number now.

Several other things have changed since the update, and it's making me so confused about what Adobe is even trying to achieve by making all these tools that used to work well much different from what they were before. I don't understand where to return to how it used to be in terms of settings...

Other problems I encountered:

- Left Shift button not working on some files/at some times (someone mentioned on a forum to try changing the keyboard language but this didn't help me)

- Image -> Image Size -> Nearest Neighbor and changing the image size doesn't keep it looking sharp anymore

- I lost count of what else...

I found no one else mentioning these issues online, which makes me really confused as to why I'd be the only one experiencing these since the update.. So here I am.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Photoshop Update - Can't modify shapes with white cursor

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people,

So since a recent Photoshop update from a week or two ago, I've been unable to use the shapes like I used to. I used to just create a square and then use the white cursor to select the corners that I wanted to modify (length, width, etc). Now though, whichever corner I choose, it will move the whole shape regardless. This whole option changed overnight and I can't work precisely like I used to.

Online, I found an old mention of something similar, where the solution was to go into properties and deselect the "8" (linked) button to make sure the shape doesn't stay in proportion. I did so, but nothing changed, and when I create a new shape, the proportions are never linked anyway.

The only option I have left is to edit the shape's pixel size manually. This is what I do now, but it takes me a long time since I have to eyeball everything by number now.

Several other things have changed since the update, and it's making me so confused about what Adobe is even trying to achieve by making all these tools that used to work well much different from what they were before. I don't understand where to return to how it used to be in terms of settings...

Other problems I encountered:

- Left Shift button not working on some files/at some times (someone mentioned on a forum to try changing the keyboard language but this didn't help me)

- Image -> Image Size -> Nearest Neighbor and changing the image size doesn't keep it looking sharp anymore

- I lost count of what else...

I found no one else mentioning these issues online, which makes me really confused as to why I'd be the only one experiencing these since the update.. So here I am.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0