Highlighted

New Print Document - Minor bug

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's may not be very much but I've been waiting forever to fix the new print document color mode defaults.
When I create a new document and select print presets, The color mode should change automatically to CMYK, Like Illustrator and InDesgin, but in photoshop it never changes, I hope that could change soon.

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Print Document - Minor bug

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's may not be very much but I've been waiting forever to fix the new print document color mode defaults.
When I create a new document and select print presets, The color mode should change automatically to CMYK, Like Illustrator and InDesgin, but in photoshop it never changes, I hope that could change soon.

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Twenty years ago it was considered a best practice to convert images to CMYK before printing, but that hasn't been true for a long time. It was always best to stay in RGB until the end because some things are not available in CMYK. Read this article from David Blatner and Claudia McCue on InDesign Secrets:

https://indesignsecrets.com/import-rgb-images-indesign-convert-cmyk-export.php

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal workflow nowadays for preparing artwork for the printer, is that you optimise your images in Photoshop (and AI), keeping them in RGB color mode and Place them in InDesign as native PSD/AI documents. In InDesign you add your text and export to PDF for sending to your printer, who will give you a spec.

Normally you select PDF/X-4, as pages, not spreads, with Use Document Bleed Settings and Crop Marks ticked.

If your printer doesn’t adhere to this workflow it may be time to consider that your printer is out of date and you may need to change printer!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
D_Fosse LATEST
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offset printing today relies on icc profiles. That's why you don't want to convert to CMYK until you know which specific CMYK profile to use. The printer should give you this information. There is no generic CMYK in a modern printing process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines