Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New saving issue on latest version !

Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone 

So it appears overnight the way i save my image files has changed.... and not for the better in my opinion.

so now when i go to save a file it is only showing two format options PSD or Tiff. But to save as a jpg which is what i use 99% of the time i now have to then click a save copy button and then get the full list of save options there. is this a glitch ? has this happend to anyone else ?? and is it possible to get it back to the way it was when i was using it yesterday? i know this may sound nitpicking but its really ruined my flow lol 

any help or information appreciated. 

Nick 🙂 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

That's by design and induced because of some API changes in macOS. "Save" and "Save As" now show only the formats that can be saved without loss of data: PSD, PSB and TIFF in all cases, PNG (and JPEG 2000) with one single layer, all formats with a flattened file.

To save a copy, you now need to use the new "Save a Copy" Menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's by design and induced because of some API changes in macOS. "Save" and "Save As" now show only the formats that can be saved without loss of data: PSD, PSB and TIFF in all cases, PNG (and JPEG 2000) with one single layer, all formats with a flattened file.

To save a copy, you now need to use the new "Save a Copy" Menu.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo 🙂 was just a sort of shock as an overnight change lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. There are around 1001 complaints on this here... 😄

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines