• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Selection tool

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of PS 21.2.1. I watched a tutorial on the newest version of the selection tool.  It worked beautifully. I downloaded the exact image the youtuber was using. When I used the selection tool it selection was inferior to what the youtuber was getting. I did exactly what he was doing, on the exact image. He was comparing 2019 PS to 2020 PS. My results did not change. The selection looked like the 2019 version. I am on a older Mac laptop.16 gigs of ram. The sample image is only 8 megs.I can't figure out why my results are not the same. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_kitSYKr3s

Thanks

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed,
Can you post a screen shot of what you are doing?
Could you post a link to the tutorial you were watching?
Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any info? Thanks

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you, I'm also using Photoshop 21.2.1. However, I get the fantastic new result that the trainer does in the tutorial.

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences? I'm wondering if something has carried through from your previous installation that is restricting this tool in your current version.

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

I reset my preferences, same results. Maybe my processor can't perform. It's a 2014 Mac Book Pro.

My Nividia card is only 750...I need 1050 or more. That's my best guess.

Thanks Again

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Ed. Pity that didn't work.

You make a good suggestion regarding the age of your hardware. Hopefully some of the hardware experts in this forum will chime in with some thoughts. If not, you could post a fresh question to the forum specifically asking about this.

Here are a couple more things you could try…

1. Uninstall and then reinstall Photoshop. This is very easy to do via the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
  2. Turn off the Legacy Compositing option within the Performance tab of the Photoshop Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines