Highlighted

New to PS trying to work with theta z1, imported smart object from lightroom classic, as stitched im

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got so far only to be stumped at PS,  new to PS, trying to edit out the light stand feet on my spherical Theta z1 stiched image from Lightroom. apparantly according to mr google, there is an issue with editing spherical 16 bit images in PS. I am new to photoshp btw. I then saved a jpg at 8 bit, placed embedded as new layer, save as spherical, and from there Mr. Google instructions will not work. No matter what I try. I am supposed to edit a spherical image and get the tripod legs out, by hook or crook and then merge down the jpg layer to the original stitched smart from the stiched hdr image object imported from Light Room as smart object, nothing seems to work past saving and adding new layer Jpg.  Need better step by step instructs on how to get this to work.  Essential should be able to add the jpg layer save as sperical, edit out the tripod legs, merge down, export as jpg.  Aaaaaahhhhh.  Goin crazy need to learn this fast.  Thanks for help.  .

Seems this should not be so complicated, but heck what do I know....

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New to PS trying to work with theta z1, imported smart object from lightroom classic, as stitched im

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got so far only to be stumped at PS,  new to PS, trying to edit out the light stand feet on my spherical Theta z1 stiched image from Lightroom. apparantly according to mr google, there is an issue with editing spherical 16 bit images in PS. I am new to photoshp btw. I then saved a jpg at 8 bit, placed embedded as new layer, save as spherical, and from there Mr. Google instructions will not work. No matter what I try. I am supposed to edit a spherical image and get the tripod legs out, by hook or crook and then merge down the jpg layer to the original stitched smart from the stiched hdr image object imported from Light Room as smart object, nothing seems to work past saving and adding new layer Jpg.  Need better step by step instructs on how to get this to work.  Essential should be able to add the jpg layer save as sperical, edit out the tripod legs, merge down, export as jpg.  Aaaaaahhhhh.  Goin crazy need to learn this fast.  Thanks for help.  .

Seems this should not be so complicated, but heck what do I know....

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not Install Lightroom for it does not support layers and  I use layer all the time.   360 Spherical panorama are stitched image files they are flattened into a 360 Spherical projection.  They are viewed using a 3D Spherical projection viewer so you can rotate the image around  to get a 360 view of the image.   These flat image viewed as a normal 2D are extremely distorted on the top and bottom of the projection the bottom is where the tripod would be.  It would be impossible to edit out the tripod in a 2D Application.  With a 3D Viewer you can rotate the image so that the tripod is in center of the view port and not distorted here you can edit out the tripod.   I do not know if Photoshop has any problem editing 360 projection imported as 360 spherical panorama in 16 Bit color.  I would  think  would not be a problem  most Photoshop features support 16 bit color.  32 Bit HDR color I would not bet on.  Being jpeg does not support 16 Bit color there will not be a 16 Bit color example on the web.  Ill convert a 8 bit color to 16 bit color and see if Photoshop can do it. 

Photoshop does seem to have a problem doing it in 16 bit color.  I save an 8 bit jpeg as a 16 bit tiff file and tried to import as a 360 panorama it imported as .dae in 8 Bit Color and the color was too dark.  I close the out and opened the tiff and tried to create a 360 panorama with the layer this time it stayed in 16 bit color however, the colors were too dark. I closed it and converted the tiff back to 8 Bit color and create the 360  panorama. The colors were good. So I rotated the tripod to the center of view. Cuts some floor tiles and patched over the tripod, merged down and exported a 360 Panorama jpeg and opened it. 

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0