• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New updated PhotoShop 2020 unusable with Slices

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can recreate this problem on 2 Windows 10 PCs (Edit and a MacBook Pro). As soon as I show slices PhotoShop slows down to a crawl.

The more slices there are the worse it gets but even 1 slice makes a difference. With a document with 10 slices its unusable.

Is anyone else seeing this and know of a fix? I have an i7 with 32GB RAM and am running off SSD. The older version of Photoshop is fine with slices turned on.

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing on Win with 8GB RAM and 18MP file and everything works without freezing. I have 18 slices and Photoshop is responding and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange. I have tried on 2 different PCs and am seeing the issue on both.

I have event tried the below:

Creating a brand new 1080p file.

Create some text - try and move it around - all good.

Create a slice - then try and move text again - slower

Create another few slices - then try and move text - even slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have also tested this on my MacBook Pro running Catalina and get exactly the same issue.

Extreme slow down when showing slices. Hiding the slices imediately speeds everything up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 on Mac Mini 2.8 GHz with 16 GB RAM and Fusion Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im glad somebody else has seen this and its not just me. I am sure its a common problem being as I can reproduce on 3 completely different systems and even accross different OS platforms.

Hopefully Adobe will fix this soon 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reproducing on Mac Pro 2013 64GB D700 Mojave latest. With 20 slices showing, slow enough drawing to give up and revert to PS 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue, slices turned on and photoshop 2020 lags

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - Windows 10 64GB RAM

This is ridiculous something so simple should cause such lag

Sort it out please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be the worst release to date for me. Everything about this update is a step backwards in terms of getting stuff done. My workflow is completely hindered with slices lag and busted rotate tool (when zooming in). The worst part is that there's no way to go back to a previous version so I'm stuck with this sh**ty 2020 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Duranarts, open Creative Cloud thingy, click ... under Photoshop and install v20.0.8 - that's CC 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, nice. Thanks! I figured v20 was 2020. Defintely overlooked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, some slices and it becomes laggy as hell. Windows 10, i7, 32GB RAM.

Switched back to CC 2019 until it's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! (Razer Blade 2017, latest Windows 10, i7, 16gb ram, gtx 1060, rtx 2070 egpu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) on macOS 10.14.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, i5, GTX 760 and 32Gb RAM. Extremely laggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here. Windows 10, 16GB RAM, Nividia GTX 1050. Been like this since the latest 2020 PhotoShop update. Latest version of Photoshop, Nvidia game and studio drivers installed. Some people suggested setting Photoshop to use integrated graphics in the Nvidia control panel rectify this but thats a workaround not a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a MacBook Pro 15" i7. Although not ideal, when I hide the slices it goes back to normal performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. 100+ small slices though but 128 GB RAM and Threadripper 3970X with a 2080Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue seems to be fixed in the latest update 21.1.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines