Highlighted

Newest bugs and hampered work flow

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been many issues in the last couple years some attributed to apple system up grades. I had finally gotten to a point where everyting was going fairly smoothly, but the last updates to 19 to 20 and 20 to 21 have been embarassing. I have been working on multiple files for a client that contain the same smart objects. I saved the files as jpegs and after I sent the file I was asked why  on one file the color had changed on three of the images. Had I unlinked a color correction? Had I inadvertently change the layering order? After hours of detective work on the files I was left scratching my head. I opened the smart object on the image that had changed altered the mask slightly and saved. Color then changed to what it had been previously. Changing the mask should not effect the color at all. Also in a couple instances when I opened a smart object the image that had been maksed showed up unmasked even though the pallet clearly showed a mask and was masked when the smart object was applied. In addition I have seen suggestions in forums to use a specific RGB Profile, all my clients use their prefered profiles so changing profiles on provided files will open a whole new can of worms. On another note new updates want to throw my alien skin filters in the trash upon opening...what's up with that. In a time where work has become more scarce it is imperative I keep my clients happy random color changes to portions of their jobs don't make them happy. Help.

Topics

Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Newest bugs and hampered work flow

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been many issues in the last couple years some attributed to apple system up grades. I had finally gotten to a point where everyting was going fairly smoothly, but the last updates to 19 to 20 and 20 to 21 have been embarassing. I have been working on multiple files for a client that contain the same smart objects. I saved the files as jpegs and after I sent the file I was asked why  on one file the color had changed on three of the images. Had I unlinked a color correction? Had I inadvertently change the layering order? After hours of detective work on the files I was left scratching my head. I opened the smart object on the image that had changed altered the mask slightly and saved. Color then changed to what it had been previously. Changing the mask should not effect the color at all. Also in a couple instances when I opened a smart object the image that had been maksed showed up unmasked even though the pallet clearly showed a mask and was masked when the smart object was applied. In addition I have seen suggestions in forums to use a specific RGB Profile, all my clients use their prefered profiles so changing profiles on provided files will open a whole new can of worms. On another note new updates want to throw my alien skin filters in the trash upon opening...what's up with that. In a time where work has become more scarce it is imperative I keep my clients happy random color changes to portions of their jobs don't make them happy. Help.

Topics

Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning on (or off, depending on the current settings) Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

But unless you can provide the file for testing it seems unlikely that meaningful inpu can be forthcoming. 

Are you sure the profile was embedded in all files? 

Did you ever apply Layer Comps to some of the SOs? 

Several of the 21.2.0-bugs have been rectified with 21.2,1 by the way. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines