• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NIK Collection Disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded PS2021 to latest version two days ago. NIK Collection, Portrait Pro, and TK Luminosity options disappeared from my list of filters. I previously had no issue with any of these. I understand what happened to TK, because TK explained the problem. I downloaded NIK again, as was suggested on the Adobe website, and still did not get the collection to appear. I have also updated to the latest version of MAC OS Big Sur - no help. If I go back to PS2020, everything works properly. I have attached four screen shots. One set is using PS2020. Those are the ones with a screen full of panels and the Filter drop-down menu showing the filters at the bottom. The other two are from PS2021 newest version which does not show the NIK and TK panels and does not show any of these filters/plug-ins on the Filter drop down menu. Until two days ago the PS2021 panels and Filter menu looked just like PS2020. I spoke to Adobe Support and they were of no help.

What is the solution?

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Mac with the M1 chip? Both my Macs are M1 Macs, and the upgrade to Photoshop 22.3 "broke" the usability of Nik filters. (I have the Nik Collection 3.)

My research indicates that is because Photoshop 22.3 runs natively on M1 Macs, but DXO hasn't released a version of the Nik collection that will. 

My short-term solution: I reverted to Photoshop 22.2. Once installed, the Nik plugin panel was right where it used to be. I'd rather have use of the Nik plugins and keep using a version of Photoshop that's not native to the M1 chip but seems to do everything I need anyway.  Obviously if your Mac runs on Intel then this isn't going to help but I want to share for anyone who's running M1 Macs and has updated to Photoshop 22.3 only to see Nik plugins go missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been in touch with DXO regarding the filters. The NIK set will not run on the new MAC M1 chipset. The problem is not with the latest PS upgrade. DXO told me it is a very time consuming and expensive task to rewrite the filters. They could not predict when a M1 compatible version would be ready. The recommendation was to run PS in Rosetta 2 emulation mode. That completely solved the problem and it also restored some other plug-ins that disappeared. LR still works becaused it hasn't been reconfigured for M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this. Last night I was a stranger to the whole Rosetta 2 thing. I mean, I vaguely knew that some apps were running on Rosetta on the M1 Macs - but that was about it. 

Today I read about using Rosetta 2 for PS, on another forum, and I appreciate your adding this more specific information which is very helpful!

I'm very used to my Lightroom-Photoshop workflow. Although I'm open to making changes, they take time and effort - which are usually in short supply when I'm hitting a roadblock in the process, and just want to finish editing some images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience here as well. No Panels or plugins work in V22.3 for Apple M1 Silicone models.
The give away appears in the PS > Preferences > Plugins -  'Legacy Extensions' whilst there, is completely greyed out so not a cat in hells chance of using them in M1 Silicone itteration. 
There will still be PS updates for Intel chipsets so why can't we be offered a choice of either Intel or Silicone versions so we can run in Rosetta 2 as we do now? Otherwise we will all have to stay with V22.2 as our panels and extensions are far more important to our own workflow than a moderate speed enhancement from the V22.3 Silicone update.
Simple solution would be to add an intel version via the 3 dots 'other versions', so we can chose what we use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find the "three dot" option ("other versions") to revert to PS 22.2 in my creative cloud dashboard. It's under the "all apps" option. You don't see it if you're in the "updates" section under  the "apps" tab.  I used that to revert to 22.2 last night. Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 11.48.33 AM.jpg

 

But now I've discovered that a better, and also simple, solution is just to tell my Mac to run PS 22.3 in Rosetta. Be sure the app is closed, go to it in Finder and hit "get info." That should give you the option to choose "open using Rosetta."  Irand the update to 22.3 again. Then I opened the "get info" pane, checked the Rosetta box, closed it out, and then opened PS 22.3. And, my Nik collection menu was back.  Sweet! Screenshot attached.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 11.41.58 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I can't seem to edit. I may have misunderstood one comment.

If you meant that you'd like an Intel-only version of each new update, I don't think that's going to happen. The newest version will work on both Intel and M1 Macs. It's a simple matter to set it to run using Rosetta, and I think that's about as good as it's going to get for us M1 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, I will give it a go at updating again later.

Found this on the adobe pages which lists compatibility issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines