Nik collection suddenly opens as expired version

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15 days ago I suddenly got a note one my NIK collection (that I have been using since Google gave it to us) is in the demo mode and I have 15 days left, which is of course, today.

That same day, many things were as suddenly screwed up on Photoshop, kind of like something between and auto update and a reset of the preferences. Neither of which I was party to. I started getting a weird and annoying start up screen and my normal controls were not working. I have since managed to fix most of them in preferences but I lost a couple of plug ins and as stated above, and my most annoying is that NIK went into lockdown, demo version.

To answer the first question that usually arises, I am using Windows 10, 64.

I was using PS 2020 but have now (been forced to)  reinstall the Creative Cloud app, which I despise and have uploaded PS 2021 from that.

I have moved my NIK plug-ins to other folders, pulled un-corrupted ones from PS 2019 and nothing has worked. Even an hour long chat session with Adobe ended with, we can’t help you. Not even sorry, we can not help you.
I use this and value it everyday but I would hate to have to spend $150 to replace something that was given to me if I can find some sollution.

TOPICS
Download and install, Feature request, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Nik collection suddenly opens as expired version

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15 days ago I suddenly got a note one my NIK collection (that I have been using since Google gave it to us) is in the demo mode and I have 15 days left, which is of course, today.

That same day, many things were as suddenly screwed up on Photoshop, kind of like something between and auto update and a reset of the preferences. Neither of which I was party to. I started getting a weird and annoying start up screen and my normal controls were not working. I have since managed to fix most of them in preferences but I lost a couple of plug ins and as stated above, and my most annoying is that NIK went into lockdown, demo version.

To answer the first question that usually arises, I am using Windows 10, 64.

I was using PS 2020 but have now (been forced to)  reinstall the Creative Cloud app, which I despise and have uploaded PS 2021 from that.

I have moved my NIK plug-ins to other folders, pulled un-corrupted ones from PS 2019 and nothing has worked. Even an hour long chat session with Adobe ended with, we can’t help you. Not even sorry, we can not help you.
I use this and value it everyday but I would hate to have to spend $150 to replace something that was given to me if I can find some sollution.

TOPICS
Download and install, Feature request, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried re-installing the Nik Collection, I have the free Google collection and it's working fine for me with both Photoshop versions CC 2019 and 2021

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure. I think I did by retrieving the old NIK folders and placing them in PS 2020 and 2021 but it didn't change anything. I would love to hear if there are other steps I can take to reinstall it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I said re-installing I meant re-installing using the NikCollection.exe which you would have originally downloaded from Google

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGH! After stewing over this for 15 days, the expiration came and went and it just reverted back to a working copy. So it was a lot of worryover nothing... Solved itself!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Not!!! It worked for one day but now it says expired and won't let me do anything...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2021 0