Nik software didn't carry over

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get my Nik software into PS 2020?  I was using it in previous versions, but it didn't carry over.  And I can't find PS 2019 on my list of programs now.  Help!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Nik software didn't carry over

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get my Nik software into PS 2020?  I was using it in previous versions, but it didn't carry over.  And I can't find PS 2019 on my list of programs now.  Help!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You haven't mentioned what OS you have, but if it's Windows you just need to copy the Google folder from this location

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Plug-ins

to this location

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins

Edit: Sorry just read you post again, did you uninstall Photoshop 2019, if so you'll need to reinstall the Nik filters again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the exact same issue (and, based on a quick Google search, it's quite widespread, so we're not alone.)

I'm using a Win10 64bit. I have uninstalled PS2019, and by now, I have also uninstalled Nik Collection 1.2.11 several times, trying to fix this issue.

Please, tell us where to install NC 1.2.11 when it asks for an Install Location (practically a Step 1), and what the Plugins Folder Path should be (practically a Step 2.)

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update: After hours of frustrated attempts at finding a solution, it seems like I've managed to get Nik Collection 1.2.11 to work with Photoshop 2020 by following Jeffrey Tranberry's advice over at feedback.photoshop.com. There was an additional trick, though (or maybe it was that just for me, I'll share it anyway, just in case.)

The steps:

1. I uninstalled Nik Collection 1.2.11 completely. Again, I'm on a Win10 (64 bit).
  2. I started reinstalling it. When it asked for the Install Location, I picked the location Jeffrey pointed out: 
     Hard Drive\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC
    (which, in my case, was  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC)
  3. Then when Nik Collection asked for the Plugins Fodler Path, I picked the very same folder, that is, 
    Hard Drive\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

Any other folder combination did not work. All files must be, it seems, in that folder. For the time being. (And, again, maybe it's just my computer. You might want to give it a try, though. Maybe you'll get lucky too.)

As is apparent from Jeffrey's post that I've linked above, this seems like a bug that they're looking into and will likely fix sometime. I hope the official fix won't break this solution, at least not without a clear warning and clear instructions about how to fix it, though.

Despite having found this workaround (thanks to an official-seeming, temporary answer elsewhere), it would be good to receive an official response and verification here.

Thanks, and I hope this helps those of you still looking for a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
broby622 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gaborcsigas, Your suggestion worked for me on a win 10 pro system. 

BobR

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0