• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z6 II Conversion from raw in Lightroom to photoshop takes a long time

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with my new Nikon Z6 II and when I right-click and do "Edit In" -> "Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2021" it can take 30 seconds to open and import the photo or 5 minutes. The long convertions seem to be when the photo has dark backgrounds and high contrasts (in my case headshots). It has even been so bad that it crashed photoshop. My guess is that the conversion algorithm isn't well optimized yet and can have high differences in processing times from one photo to another. Is this something that can be solved in a update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does sound very slow. My normal timings are around 8 seconds (Sony a7r iii).

What are your GPU settings in Lr preferences? The GPU does some of the processing if not disabled. Maybe a buggy driver slows things down.

Does it make a difference how many adjustments you have made to the image in Lightroom? How does it compare to ACR > Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines