• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No fonts working after update to Photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After automatically upgrading to Photoshop 2021 (from Photoshop 2020)  on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I am now getting the following error for every single font I try:

"Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable the font."

I'm using the 22.0.0 version. I have run the font test script. All 688 fonts failed.

The error log from the font test displays this for all fonts:

-----------------------------------------
Photoshop Font Test
Start Time: Sun Nov 01 2020 23:45:30 GMT-0500
End Time: Sun Nov 01 2020 23:47:58 GMT-0500
Execution Time: 148.25 seconds
The number of fonts installed: 688
The number of fonts tested: 688
The number of fonts passed: 0
The number of fonts failed: 688
Test Result: FAIL

Failed Font(s) Found. If the error seems to be the font related issue, please send this log to PS-External-Bugs-Tools@adobe.com.

- Font 1: EmojiOne (IOError: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.
- <no additional information available>)

- Font 2: Segoe UI Emoji (IOError: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.
- <no additional information available>)

etc.etc.etc.

I have tried deleted the font cache folders under the AppData/Roaming etc. and still get the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure it out? I updated and now the fonts are a MESS! I can highlight a section and only part of it changes - these are Adobe Fonts that I have loaded. Illustrator is acting odd too since I updated. I've restarted, downloaded another "fix" for photoshop but it still looks the same and it's killing my productivity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to add, I just took the type into InDesign and it works just fine. It has to be Photoshop and they need to add another "fix" ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did either of you report the bug, by sending the log to the email in the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to help in Photoshop and left a message - didn't see a specific
place to report a bug. And I contacted support chat who wanted to remote in
but never did.

Sincerely,
Julie Smith
[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That log file contained a very specific instructions on what to do, and where to send an email. Please read your own log and see if it contains instructions (which may be different), and I recommend you do what they say. You will be bypassing many layers of customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you added to this discussion I assumed you'd got the same problem as the original poster, who wrote:

"I'm using the 22.0.0 version. I have run the font test script. All 688 fonts failed.

The error log from the font test displays this for all fonts:

Photoshop Font Test

..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I didn't get an error until I tried to create another text section. It then said, "Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable the font."

Adobe's Support immediately said they were "sorry I was having trouble with a third party font" but it's literally from Adobe Fonts - all openface fonts were fine. I'm guessing there was a problem with the update and Adobe Type. Seems to be okay now but it was causing me to delay proofs for clients which is not good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines