Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No instant update when using sliders...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using photoshot 12.2.2 on newest iMac, updated Catalina

When using the sliders to adjust anything like color, brightness/contrast... the photo window turns grey until I let go of the slider. I can't see what how my changes are being affective in real time.  Please advise. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is weird, looks like some problem with graphics card rendering. Is this something new? Was it happening before?

Did you try resetting preferences?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking the same thing (video card) but it's a brand new computer.  (maybe 3 weeks.)  I didn't really notice it until about a week or so ago. I haven't been using it much... it's at home and I only use it for one client (a college) and they have just started up last week.

I also have the new cheese grater Mac Pro at my studio and the difference between the 2 is amazing.  It makes me which I shelled out for the iMac Pro.  Last thing in the world i need is to be dealing with issues with a new computer during a very buzy time.  Grrr...   Who needs this after spending over $12K in the past 8 months on Apple products. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So here are some other details of the issue:
It only does it in Photoshop. If i use the slider in Camera Raw, Lightroom or Preview, no problems at all.  When i use the Nik Filter (which is a photo processing Photoshop Plug-in, no issues.). 

In Photoshop preferences> performance i've tried unchecking the "Use Graphics Processor" box. It's still happens. I tried making changes to each of the perfomance seperately, and nothing helped. THEN I tweaked them all collectively and it stopped. So there is some combination maybe that causes the issue?  Weird. Well for now, this appears to be resolved.  But tomorrow is yet another day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines