• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No longer able to import or add video files to photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no 'import video frames to layers option', no 'video layer' option, and it is saying that mp4 is not a recongnizable file type? Anyone have a fix for this, or has it just been so long since I have dropeed videos into photoshop that I am missing something obvious?

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.19.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.19.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-30 at 10.19.53 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Have you quicktime installed?

It seems some video codecs are missing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a mac, and quicktime is installed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, "video frames to layers" does not show up under 'import' at all. And I JUST downloaded photoshop to my mac today with the sole purpose of using this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi have you try to reinstall photoshop with this tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and am still experiencing the same problem 'import video frames to layers' does not show up at all, even greyed out. Before then I had reinstalled both photoshop and creative cloud several times to the same results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution for this? I have a new MacBook Pro M1 running Big Sur and the import video to frames feature is missing from Photoshop 23.1. I tried all of the suggestions from this thread and others (system permissions under privacy & security, etc. etc.) with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run under Rosetta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, that did it! Thank you sooooo much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines