• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No menu bar in new photoshop install on macbook pro

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just installed photoshop on macbook pro catalina and there is no menu bar at the top of the page. How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop is in full screen mode, you can change that at the bottom of the Tools panel.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks, it is in standard screen mode. I just checked.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could have something to do with the graphics card. This may help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#DisableGraphicsProcessor

If non of those tips fix the issue, you could try uninstall/reinstall with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

If the menu bar is showing but the options bar is missing, under the Window menu choose Workspace and reset your workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have already disabled the automatic card switching and my
system and photoshop are both up to date.
I was not able to find system info. I went to the question mark and typed
system info, with no result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

It looks like I need to disable the older Intel graphics card. I have already switched off the automatic switching and reinstalled photoshop.  Still no menu bar.

So how do I disable the Intel graphics card? The macbook also has a nividia card.

Thanks for your help!

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall/reinstall with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool? The cleaner tool has a BAT file that can usually fix problems.

As far as system info, this should help. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203001

You may need to contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned. I know what the issue is. I need to disable the Intel card, and I am asking for info on that. Does anyone know?

I know how to find the system info and I have read about others who have the same issue and they say to disable the secondary card.

Thanks,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not something I have experience with. Is this link of help? https://osxdaily.com/2017/01/08/disable-gpu-switching-macbook-pro/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already done that.

It's ok. Thanks for your help.

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version Catalina? 10.15.7 is the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Catalina 10.15.7.

Thanks,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe look at your System Preferences. Is "Automatically Hide and Show the Menu bar" unchecked?  Another solution might be to restart your Mac. Simple as it is, it's been known to clean up problems.

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 2.51.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone reading what I already wrote?  I cannot get to the preferences because there is no file button. Nothing at the top of the page. I have already figured out what the solution is by reading about other mac users. The macbook has 2 graphic cards and the older one needs to be disabled.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to Mac system preferences, this link gives keyboard shortcuts you can use instead of clicking a button. https://www.amsys.co.uk/quick-tip-open-system-preferences-quickly/#:~:text=Open%20System%20Preferenc....

If you are referring to Photoshop preferences, the keyboard shortcut is Cmd k

You may need to get in touch with Apple support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not talking about the Photoshop menu which you said can't be reached, but the Apple System Preferences menu.

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 8.18.44 PM.png

I've looked, but don't know of any way to disable onboard Intel graphics on the Mac.

While you are in Apple System Preferences, see if giving Photoshop elevated privileges helps.

MacOS Photoshop permissions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the preferences as you suggest, but I already took photoshop off my computer.

I just found out that Catalina is not compatible with the newest photoshop.

I will find out how to download the 2019 version.

Thanks for your efforts.

Kare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>I just found out that Catalina is not compatible with the newest photoshop.

Where did you get that information from? 

Photoshop 2020 (current) is compatible with Catalina. I'm running it here with no issues.

You can see that Catalina is supported on the system requirements page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same. Running it on MacOS 10.15.7 Mid 2012 MBP with older Intel HD 4000 graphics.

But troubleshooting anything outside of Photoshop is not a good idea.

However you can download 2019 via your Creative Cloud app.

It's under Other Versions.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.09.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines