Highlighted

No pixels are more than 50% selected

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In trying to use the lasso tool one of two things are occurring:

(1) I receive this message -- "Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected.  The selection edge will not be visible."

(2) When I release my pen tool the selection mysteriously shrinks to a size smaller than I had selected.

Is there a solution to this problem?

I put the Feather as 0% and that fixed my problem.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No pixels are more than 50% selected

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In trying to use the lasso tool one of two things are occurring:

(1) I receive this message -- "Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected.  The selection edge will not be visible."

(2) When I release my pen tool the selection mysteriously shrinks to a size smaller than I had selected.

Is there a solution to this problem?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2012 6
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reduce the Feather value in the Options bar before drawing with the Lasso Tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2012 8
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure your targeting the right layer.  Selection are made on layers if the layer contains transparent pixels  or the layers opacity is set low you will not see where the selection is for Photoshop only places marching ants around pixels that have at lease 50% opacity.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2012 5
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and I figured out why.  I was deleting the background layer.  I do not understand why but the background layer needs to be there to select 100% of the pixels.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2016 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 4
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue. As instucted above, I reduced the feahter to 0%, however this didn't fix my issue. My issue was with the style. Simply change the syle from fixed ratio/size to normal. Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired all of the suggestions, but to no avail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the style?  

style.jpg

I can´t find it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 0