• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Properties Button on Right side of screen

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I want to say that I am brand spanking new to photoshop, so I apologize if this is a silly question, but I've literally been searching for an answer for hours!

I'm trying to create a frame using the object selection tool (following a video tutorial), my issue is that there is no properties button on the right for me to adjust the pixels, color, etc. The only thing that's there is "History"... I've looked through all the different configurations in Window > Workspace and clicked through the individual buttons in the "Window" menu, it's like it just doesn't exsist. 

Help!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the panels are in the Window menu. Just click to bring it up.

panels.png

You might also want to look at the preference to "auto-collapse iconic panels". This way you can keep it as a button, and it expands only when active, then collapses again automatically.

This is actually a huge subject, as there's infinite ways to organize your panels. When you're happy, save it as a new workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the properties panekl open already. It is context sensitive, so as you have a shape layer selected, the properties panel show shape properties.  It's completely automatic.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@NumenT wrote:

my issue is that there is no properties button on the right for me to adjust the pixels, color, etc.

Hi

You have a newer version of Photoshop than the one you are watching in the tutorial and the Properties panel is in a slightly different place. See the screen shot below.

ABB04A19-1BC4-4E3D-97F0-30DCA8CF597F.jpeg

This can be confusing to a new user, so ask again when something doesn't make sense. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines